Subject: [Roll] Presenting about a draft

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:09:03 +0200

I am preparing the draft to submit (within some days) about the node
ability to participate (NAP) to the ROLL WG. I got a request for the
meeting purposes, to post this message about the draft objective and
introduction,

The Draft initial Objectives:

1) NAP Applicability (use cases).
2) NAP Protocol Considerations.
3) NAP Operation.

Introduction:

NAP protocol is intended to be used for LLN and wireless ad hoc networks.
The NAP protocol considers; energy consumption issue, routing issue,
and environment-event issue, it is good for some node-originators to
know neighbor nodes/sinks ability (NAP to-route, or NAP
continue-to-route, or NAP to-survive, NAP to-store, NAP to-manage, or
other abilities (TBD)). The node-ability can be useful if we have
different devices capabilities or/and conditions. This
knowledge-factor can be useful and may be included in some technique,
or forwarding table in the protocol specification. The general idea is
that each node may get to a situation to advertise its *ability*
limits for the network benefit, on the other hand, some nodes in some
situation may request information about such *ability* for their
benefit.

Thanking you,

Abdussalam Baryun
University of Glamorgan, UK

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 00:18:31 +0200

Hi Michael,

I thank you for your comments,

AB

On 7/12/12, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>>>>> "Abdussalam" == Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
>>>>>> writes:
>     Abdussalam> knowledge-factor can be useful and may be included in
>     Abdussalam> some technique,
>     Abdussalam> or forwarding table in the protocol specification. The
>     Abdussalam> general idea is
>     Abdussalam> that each node may get to a situation to advertise its
>     Abdussalam> *ability*
>
> I believe that we have no current way for nodes to distinguish
> themselves as being better routers or less good routers, except that
> they can increment their rank a lot if they feel they shouldn't be used.
>
> It seems that this NAP kind of thing needs to be included into the
> metrics.  I could be way off here.
>
> --
> ]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls
>  [
> ]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net
> architect[
> ] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device
> driver[
>    Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
> 	               then sign the petition.
>