Subject: [Roll] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.txt

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:59:02 +0000

Hi,

As promised during the last IETF, here is an informational draft, showing one of the first large scale RPL-enabled networks in
production; the document will be updated soon with several other ones.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.pdf

Thanks.

JP and Jonathan.

Begin forwarded message:

From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: I-D Action: draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.txt
Date: July 5, 2012 3:48:32 PM GMT+02:00
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

Title           : RPL deployment experience in large scale networks
Author(s)       : JP Vasseur
                         Jonathan Hui
                         Sukrit Dasgupta
                         Giyoung Yoon
Filename        : draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01.txt
Pages           : 12
Date            : 2012-07-05

Abstract:
  Low power and Lossy Networks (LLNs) exhibit characteristics unlike
  other more traditional IP links.  LLNs are a class of network in
  which both routers and their interconnect are resource constrained.
  LLN routers are typically resource constrained in processing power,
  memory, and energy (i.e. battery power).  LLN links are typically
  exhibit high loss rates, low data rates, are are strongly affected by
  environmental conditions that change over time.  LLNs may be composed
  of a few dozen to thousands of routers.  A new protocol called the
  IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) has been
  specified for routing in LLNs supporting multipoint-to-point, point-
  to-multipoint traffic, and point-to-point traffic.  Since RPL's
  publication as an RFC, several large scale networks have been
  succesfully deployed.  The aim of this document is to provide
  deployment experience on real-life deployed RPL-based networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hui-vasseur-roll-rpl-deployment-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 06:18:20 -0700

Thanks for sharing this experience. Very useful. Looking forward to
future versions of this document with more information. I hope there
are some lessons and experiences from this deployment we can suggest
as guidelines for future deployment
(draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations).

I was wondering if there were multiple roots in this deployment.

- om_p

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 5:59 AM, JP Vasseur (jvasseur)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As promised during the last IETF, here is an informational draft, showing
> one of the first large scale RPL-enabled networks in
> From: <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>
>
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:59:18 +0000

Hi,

As promised during the last IETF, here is an information draft, showing one of the first large scale RPL-based based network in
production; the document will be updated soon with several other ones.

Begin forwarded message:

Abstract: