Subject: [Roll] CFP: PhoneSense2012 (with SenSys 2012), Toronto, Canada, 6 Nov 2012

From: "SenSys'12 Publicity" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:16:40 -0700

(We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.)
============================================
Call for Papers

PhoneSense 2012 (collocated with ACM SenSys 2012)

Toronto, Canada

6 November 2012

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/events/phonesense2012

IMPORTANT DATES
• Paper submissions due: 25 July 2012, 9:00 p.m. PDT
• Notification of acceptance: 12 September 2012

ORGANIZERS

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
David Chu (Microsoft Research)
Ramesh Govindan (USC)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Gaetano Borriello (University of Washington)
Eyal de Lara (University of Toronto)
Deborah Estrin (UCLA)
Deepak Ganesan (UMass Amherst)
Shyamnath Gollakota (MIT)
Ben Greenstein (Google)
Richard Han (University of Colorado)
Anthony LaMarca (Intel Labs)
Jie Liu (Microsoft Research)
Alexander Varshavsky (AT&T Labs)

STEERING COMMITTEE
Deborah Estrin (UCLA)
Aman Kansal (Microsoft Research)
Deepak Ganesan (UMass Amherst)

OVERVIEW
Mobile phones provide a widespread platform for deploying sensing
applications. Multiple factors, including the large number of sensors
available on phones with new ones being introduced in newer models,
proximity to user’s immediate environment, broadband connectivity, and
the potential to provide actionable information, make the phone a
compelling platform for many sensing applications. The emergence of
the mobile computing cloud further expands the scope of possible use
cases. Sensing applications can use the mobile phones and cloud
resources to sense, mine, and learn human behaviors and intentions to
provide personalized feedback and persuasion. Example sensing
application domains include personalized mobile information delivery,
context aware social networking, healthcare, games and entertainment,
education, device and environment customization, safety, and mobile
business.

The efficient and effective design of mobile sensing applications
opens up many interesting technical challenges. The PhoneSense
workshop promotes exchange of ideas among academic and industrial
researchers in research areas such as sensing, mobile computing,
location, energy efficiency, data management, data mining, machine
learning, inference, privacy, user incentives and applications.

The workshop considers hot topics, position papers, novel ideas,
in-progress work on system architecture, enabling technologies, and
emerging applications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

• Novel Applications
• Mining large scale sensor and location data
• Mobile cloud and sensing interfaces
• Incentive models for mobile data collection
• Interaction between phones and humans
• Novel mobile sensor accessories
• Sensing and machine learning techniques
• Persuasion models and techniques to close the loop with users
• Privacy
• Participatory sensing, crowdsourcing, and opportunistic sensing paradigms
• Activity recognition and subjective sensing
• Programming models
• Experiment and campaign design
• Integration of on-phone and off-phone sensing
• Personalization, geo-targeting
• Personal health monitoring using mobile phones
• Data quality issues
• Experience with app store delivery systems and large scale deployment

WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions must be at most 5 single-spaced 8.5" x 11" pages,
including figures, tables, and references, two-column format, using
10-point type with ACM proceedings format. Submissions will be
reviewed by the program committee for novelty, relevance, and quality.

PhoneSense is single-blind, so authors should include their names on
their paper submissions.  For more details, see
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/events/phonesense2012.