Subject: [Roll] Comments For ROLL terminology-06

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:36:57 +0200

Hi Vasseur, and All,

Comments:
+++++++++

AB>general comment> ROLL is about routers/nodes/hosts Why not defined
:  Host, Node, Link, Interface

In the body of draft-06:-

Closed Loop Control: A process whereby a device controller controls
an actuator based on information sensed by one or more field devices.

AB>suggest> replace [process] with [procedure]
AB>suggest> replace [information] with [input information]

Downstream: Data direction traveling from outside of the LLN (e.g.
traffic coming from a LAN, WAN or the Internet) via a LBR.

AB> suggest> remove the example, because first, ROLL is inside LLN not
outside, and second, most of the data-traffic MAY go from the LLN to
the Internet/LBR. IMHO downstream is in the direction of the havier
unit-flow.

AB> please note that if we use word [data] is different than
[message]. While using [message] we may mean all traffic includes data
and control messages, so the use of downstream and upstream as in
draft-06 will be ok, but if we mention data-direction IMHO the use
downstream-upstream will be the other way around.

AB> suggest> replace [data] with [message]

Field Device:

AB> delete word> field

MP2P: Multipoint-to-Point is used to describe a particular traffic
pattern (e.g. MP2P flows collecting information from many nodes
flowing inwards towards a collecting sink or an LBR).

AB>opinion> MP2P is not a traffic pattern it is a transmission method

I am not sure if the draft covers all terms used in ROLL protocols, I
will check and post on the same thread after. Thanking you,

Best Regards

Abdussalam Baryun
University of glamorgan, UK
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I may be wrong, or may be right, but it does not matter if we work together
 as a group to discuss and resolve all issues. WGs are always right.
*****************************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. The contents are comply
to the IETF regulations, and WG procedures. You should not copy the
email nor use it for any other purpose, nor disclose, nor distribute its
contents to any other person.
*****************************************************************************

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:16:06 +0200

I suggest also to add in section-4 [1], security terms that are
related to ROLL (or Terminology in ROLL security). IMO in any document
of defining terms, we can consider their implications or when do we
use these terms and terms related to the technology under study (e.g.
ROLL, MANET,  etc) . I use this approach in I-D [2].

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-roll-terminology-06.txt
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-baryun-manet-terminology-00.txt

AB
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++