Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:26:30 +0200

-------- Originele bericht --------
Onderwerp: New Version Notification for 
draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt
Datum: 2012-07-14 15:20
Afzender: [email-masked]
Ontvanger: [email-masked]
Kopie: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Dear roll wg,

We have submitted a draft summarizing our experiences with and 
recommendations for the trickle Multicast algorithm.
One of our main concerns is the timeliness aspects of TRickle multicast 
, and we are confident that given the
network configurations that we expect we can deploy trickle multicast 
for building control

More information in the draft.

Greetings,

peter van der stok

Filename:	 draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Multicast requirements for control over LLN
Creation date:	 2012-07-11
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02.txt
Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq
Htmlized:        
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02
Diff:            
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-roll-mcreq-02

Abstract:
    This is a working document intended to focus discussion on
    requirements for multicast in Low-power and Lossy Networks in the
    area of M2M communication for control applications.  The Trickle
    algorithm, which uses random re-broadcasting to assure that messages
    arrive at all destinations, has been proposed in the Trickle
    Multicast Forwarding ROLL WG draft as the basis for a multicast
    routing protocol.  In this draft additional requirements on 
multicast
    routing are presented, such as timeliness, motivated by building
    control.  Random re-broadcasting and timeliness can be difficult to
    reconcile.  This draft presents some simulation results in typical
    control settings which show that achieving latencies below 400 ms is
    feasible with Trickle.  Recommendations are proposed for the current
    Trickle Multicast Forwarding draft to achieve optimal performance 
and
    meet the stated requirements.

The IETF Secretariat