Subject: [Roll] RFC 6719 on The Minimum Rank with Hysteresis Objective Function

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6719

        Title:      The Minimum Rank with Hysteresis 
                    Objective Function 
        Author:     O. Gnawali, P. Levis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 29637
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-minrank-hysteresis-of-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6719.txt

The Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL)
constructs routes by using Objective Functions that optimize or
constrain the routes it selects and uses.  This specification
describes the Minimum Rank with Hysteresis Objective Function
(MRHOF), an Objective Function that selects routes that minimize a
metric, while using hysteresis to reduce churn in response to small
metric changes.  MRHOF works with additive metrics along a route, and
the metrics it uses are determined by the metrics that the RPL
Destination Information Object (DIO) messages advertise.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC