Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04.txt

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:36:16 -0500

I added this text to the draft:

11.  Prevent Situations That Make Nodes Leaf

   When different nodes in a single network run different OFs, have
   incompatible metrics, or run a mix of storing and non-storing
   modes[I-D.ko-roll-mix-network-pathology], the nodes may not join the
   DODAG or join as leaf nodes which do not extend DODAG connectivity as
   described in Section 8.5 of [RFC6550].  Thus, operating as a leaf
   node in the middle of a network can lead to network partitioning even
   though the network is physically connected.  Generally avoid
   configurations that force some nodes to operate as leaf nodes even
   though the leaf nodes are at the physical edge of the network.

Comments welcome.

- om_p

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:26 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Omprakash Gnawali and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations
Revision:        04
Title:           Recommendations for Efficient Implementation of RPL
Creation date:   2012-09-11
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-04

Abstract:
   RPL is a flexible routing protocol applicable to a wide range of Low
   Power and Lossy Networks.  To enable this wide applicability, RPL
   provides many configuration options and gives implementers choices on
   how to implement various components of RPL.  Drawing on our
   experiences, we distill the design choices and configuration
   parameters that lead to efficient RPL implementations and operations.

The IETF Secretariat