Subject: [Roll] [roll] #103: trickle-mcast: suppress ICMP messages for PROACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:30:55 -0000

#103: trickle-mcast: suppress ICMP messages for PROACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

 The draft describes that sending of ICMP messages can be suppressed by
 setting REACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS to zero. I like to suggest the same
 possibility for PROACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS. The motivation is the
 following:
 In rather dense networks, it would be beneficial to reduce the number of
 forwarders. However, the non-forwarders may not receive some messages in
 spite of the density. By allowing these nodes to use the sending of ICMP
 messages, the forwarding nodes can be informed of the missing message to
 trigger a retransmission

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07424.html

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  mcr@…            |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast@…
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |  Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast    |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/103>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>