Subject: Re: [Roll] WG Last Call draft-ietf-roll-security-threats

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 11:12:19 +0000

Dear all,

The WG LC has now ended, without objection. Will proceed with Publication Request.

Thanks.

JP.

On Oct 18, 2012, at 7:16 AM, JP Vasseur (jvasseur) wrote:

Dear all,

As you know, we have been discussing security framework document in the WG, which is one of our WG item.

draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-00 is a revision of draft-ietf-roll-security-framework-07 that has been reviewed in great
details by the WG and IESG, waiting for 400 days.  The title has been changed, and the focus of the document is on
security threats, rather than solutions, in line with our ROLL WG item:

Sep 2012        Submit first draft of RPL threat analysis to the IESG to be considered as an Informational RFC

Section 7 was removed: this is the result of negotiation with the IESG on where and how security issues will be addressed.

The goal of this new document is to outline threats with the expectation that applicability statements will have to cover
(i.e. mitigate or solve) these threats in some way.  Please read this document and ask if the questions it asks are clear
enough.

This starts a WG Last call, ending on Nov 9, at noon ET. Please send your questions and comments to the authors, copying
the mailing list.

Thanks.

JP.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll