Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-richardson-roll-applicability-template-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:39:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ROLL Applicability Statement Template
	Author(s)       : Michael C. Richardson
	Filename        : draft-richardson-roll-applicability-template-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-01-22

Abstract:
   This document is a template applicability statement for the Routing
   over Low-power and Lossy Networks (ROLL) WG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-roll-applicability-template

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richardson-roll-applicability-template-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richardson-roll-applicability-template-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:15:37 +0100

Hi Michael,

I want to discuss some things in this draft-01 if ok. I see that the
draft is empty of explaination. When it was presented first draft-00,
I thought the templet is about including the main issues and
information in all applicability cases in this one template but now I
find out that it is just sections titles, does this mean that this
draft is like a guide or structure of the applicability drafts in
future. Please advise,

AB

On 1/22/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:43:26 -0500

>>>>> "Abdussalam" == Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]> writes:
    Abdussalam> I want to discuss some things in this draft-01 if ok. I
    Abdussalam> see that the draft is empty of explaination. When it was
    Abdussalam> presented first draft-00, I thought the templet is about
    Abdussalam> including the main issues and information in all
    Abdussalam> applicability cases in this one template but now I find
    Abdussalam> out that it is just sections titles, does this mean that
    Abdussalam> this draft is like a guide or structure of the
    Abdussalam> applicability drafts in future. Please advise,

That's exactly what it is: a template.

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works 
IETF ROLL WG co-chair.    http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/roll/charter/

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:47:21 +0100

> That's exactly what it is: a template.
I got that answer before in last meeting, but didn't understand :)

How this template is recommended to be used in ROLL, will it be a rule
of writing applicability paragraphs or just informational for better
performance?

Is this template recommended for only all the applicability drafts, or
is general which may include all the WG drafts (included in their
applicability section)?

AB

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:55:01 -0500

>> That's exactly what it is: a template.

    Abdussalam> How this template is recommended to be used in ROLL,
    Abdussalam> will it be a rule of writing applicability paragraphs or
    Abdussalam> just informational for better performance?

People writing applicability statements use this to start their
document.

    Abdussalam> Is this template recommended for only all the
    Abdussalam> applicability drafts, or is general which may include
    Abdussalam> all the WG drafts (included in their applicability
    Abdussalam> section)?

No, just applicability documents for applying RFC6550 to use FOO.

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [