Subject: [Roll] Seed Set and domain-address used across MPL multi-Domains (was: Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-03.txt)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:37:13 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

The example of co-exist domains (the example of Esko) is not clear in
the draft, is there a condition for this co-exist, I think the
scenario needs more condition explain, because we are already using
IP-in-IP encapsulation (see 10.1) for multicast outside the
forwarder's domain to its neighbor domains. There may be nodes exist
in both/all domains but other are in one domain only, which they may
receive the messages.

Therefore, if forwarding from one forwarder to another there should be
some condition that the co-exist-domains-MPL-forwarder and/or the
one-domain-MPL-forwarder should follow,

Does that make sense? please advise,

AB

On 1/31/13, Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 1/30/13, Jonathan Hui (johui) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Alternatively, we could add the MPL Domain Address to the MPL Seed Tuple
>> in
>> Section 7.3.
>
> Yes agree the alternative is a MUST, if we want to make MPL allow
> multi-domain forwarding, but still think an explaination of such
> activity will be helpful for reader/implementors,
>
> AB
>