Subject: [Roll] Fwd: definition of sleepy node

From: Sistemas Operativos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:19:27 -0300

Hello,

I like the definition with "To" proposed, just adding some comment, in core
was defined. what is a sleepy node and what is not a sleepy node, just
thinking that both terms could be added in the terminology -09 draft.

Just thinking for this case:

Non-Sleepy Node: A device that is always awake, it usually is
available to transmit and receive anytime.

"
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rahman-core-sleepy-01

 Sleepy Node
      A sleepy node is a CoAP client or server that may sometimes go
      into a sleep mode (i.e. go into a low power state to conserve
      power) and temporarily suspend CoAP protocol communication.  A
      sleepy node may also sometimes remain in a fully powered on state
      where it has the capability to perform full CoAP protocol
      communication.

   Non-Sleepy Node
      A non-sleepy node is a CoAP client or server that always remains
      in a fully powered on state (i.e. always awake) where it has the
      capability to perform full CoAP protocol communication.  The
      general operation of non-sleepy nodes are assumed to be well known
      and so are not explicitly spelled out in this document except
      where needed for clarity.

"

Thanks and Regards,

irobles.

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:18:52 +0100
From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Roll] definition of sleepy node
Message-ID:
        <CADnDZ88F==Y3A_OXFOnKrtp=[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Hi Michael,

Yes, I like the definition, thanks,

AB

On 1/22/13, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> okay, how about:
>
> sleepy node:
>
> "An energy constrained device that has a sleep / wake cycle such that
> it is asleep more often than it is awake.  It does this to conserve
> energy.   A node can not transmit or receive messages while sleepy, but
> can maintain state.  A sleepy node usually sleeps and wakes according to
> a set schedule.  The sleep/wake cycle of an entire LLN usually needs to
> be coordinated so that transmitters are sending while receivers are
> awake the receive."
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:56:27 -0300

Hello,

I like the definition with "To" proposed, just adding some comment, in core
was defined. what is a sleepy node and what is not a sleepy node.

"

 Sleepy Node

   Non-Sleepy Node

Thanks and Regards,

IRobles.

Message: 6

Hi Michael,

AB