Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #109: trickle-mcast: should all MPL packets be destined to all-MPL-forwarders

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:02:11 -0000

#109: trickle-mcast: should all MPL packets be destined to all-MPL-forwarders

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Using an address FF0x::ALL_MPL_FORWARDERS as default (to avoid
 configuration) seems a good idea. In my understanding, it is good to make
 this address configurable, which allows some advanced (future?)
 uses:

 1. running multiple MPL domains 'in parallel' (differentiating based on
 mcast address, where MPL forwarders are always encapsulating packets)

 2. using unicast-prefix-based multicast address as the MPL-forwarder
 multicast address. This was proposed on the list at some point as a fine-
 grained hierarchical way to control propagation of MPL packets through an
 MPL domain. (See message http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/roll/current/msg07392.html and related ones in the thread)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-     |     Version:
  mcast                  |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/109#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>