Subject: [Roll] Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement-07.txt> (A Mechanism to Measure the Routing Metrics along a Point-to-point Route in a Low Power and Lossy Network) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 07:14:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'A Mechanism to Measure the Routing Metrics along a Point-to-point
   Route in a Low Power and Lossy Network'
  <draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mechanism that enables an RPL router to
   measure the aggregated values of given routing metrics along an
   existing route towards another RPL router in a low power and lossy
   network, thereby allowing the router to decide if it wants to
   initiate the discovery of a better route.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.