Subject: [Roll] Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-00.txt> (A Security Threat Analysis for Routing over Low Power and Lossy Networks) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 07:21:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'A Security Threat Analysis for Routing over Low Power and Lossy
   Networks'
  <draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-00.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-01-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a security threat analysis for routing over
   low power and lossy networks (LLN).  The development builds upon
   previous work on routing security and adapts the assessments to the
   issues and constraints specific to low power and lossy networks.  A
   systematic approach is used in defining and evaluating the security
   threats.  Applicable countermeasures are application specific and are
   addressed in relevant applicability statements.  These assessments
   provide the basis of the security recommendations for incorporation
   into low power, lossy network routing protocols.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-threats/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-threats/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.