Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #112: MPL IANA request section to mention 0x0-0xFF range group ID

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:09:39 -0000

#112: MPL IANA request section to mention 0x0-0xFF range group ID

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Update: if link-local scope FF02::ALL_MPL_FORWARDERS is never used/useful,
 which seems to be the case in the newest draft (v03), then this assignment
 in the 0x0-0xff range is not needed at all. The most efficient mode of
 compression of a multicast address down to 1 byte only works on FF02::X
 addresses.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-     |     Version:
  mcast                  |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/112#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>