Subject: [Roll] WG call to adopt draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-01

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 14:03:06 -0500

This is to start a 1 week WG call on adopting

 RPL applicability in industrial networks
 draft-phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability-01

Abstract

   The wide deployment of wireless devices, with their low installed
   cost (compared to wired devices), will significantly improve the
   productivity and safety of industrial plants.  It will simultaneously
   increase the efficiency and safety of the plant's workers, by
   extending and making more timely the information set available about
   plant operations.  The new Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy
   Networks (RPL) defines a Distance Vector protocol that is designed
   for such networks.  The aim of this document is to analyze the
   applicability of that routing protocol in industrial LLNs formed of

as a WG document.

This is part of satisfying the ROLL Charter.

Please, if you have objection to this document as a starting document
towards use of RPL in Industrial Control networks please speak by
2013-02-28.

-- 
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works 
IETF ROLL WG co-chair.    http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/roll/charter/

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 01:43:23 +0100

+1

AB

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:43:03 -0500

This thread is at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07755.html
had only 1 message which was a +1.  There were no objections.

In addition to being announced in this WG, this document was also brought
up in the 6tsch mailing list, which is looking at deterministic
mechanisms that may be required by industrial applications.

As no participant express a view that the document was an inappropriate
start, or that it was out of scope for the working group.

The view of the chairs is to adopt the document.

If the authors could repost it as
draft-ietf-roll-applicability-industrial-00 on March 11, when the ID 
site reopens.