Subject: [Roll] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6550 (3581)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:59:54 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6550,
"RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6550&eid=3581

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Tony Cheneau <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.4.3

Original Text
-------------
   A special case of the DAO message, termed a No-Path, is used in
   Storing mode to clear Downward routing state that has been
   provisioned through DAO operation.  The No-Path carries a Target
   option and an associated Transit Information option with a lifetime
   of 0x00000000 to indicate a loss of reachability to that Target.

Corrected Text
--------------
   A special case of the DAO message, termed a No-Path, is used in
   Storing mode to clear Downward routing state that has been
   provisioned through DAO operation.  The No-Path carries a Target
   option and an associated Transit Information option with a lifetime
   of 0x00 to indicate a loss of reachability to that Target.

Notes
-----
The Path Lifetime field of the Transit Information option is a 8-bit field. Using 0x00000000 here would indicate a 32 bits encoding and is misleading.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6550 (draft-ietf-roll-rpl-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
Publication Date    : March 2012
Author(s)           : T. Winter, Ed., P. Thubert, Ed., A. Brandt, J. Hui, R. Kelsey, P. Levis, K. Pister, R. Struik, JP. Vasseur, R. Alexander
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG