Subject: [Roll] Announcing the public release of SimpleRPL

From: "Tony V. Cheneau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:51:49 -0400

Hello,

I'd like to announce the release of SimpleRPL, a Linux-based
implementation of the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
(RPL).

This implementation is a fully functional (and hopefully fully
compliant) implementation of the standard. I tested it on both wired
and wireless links and it ran just fine, although you might want to
adjust some constant values (as I picked the default values from the RFC
and did not performed any fine tuning yet). I could not test SimpleRPL
against Contiki's implementation of RPL (due to the current 6LoWPAN
interrop issues between Linux and Contiki), but I'll do it as soon as
possible. The GitHub project page provide more information concerning
the limitations and various design choices.

The implementation is currently hosted on GitHub:
https://github.com/tcheneau/simpleRPL

Feedback is welcomed!

Regards,
    Tony