Subject: [Roll] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6550 (3580)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:50:54 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6550,
"RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6550&eid=3580

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Tony Cheneau <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.9.1

Original Text
-------------
   1.   Let C1 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        10000000b.  Node N stores an entry associating 10000000b with
        the Path Control field for C1 and Target T.

   2.   Let C2 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        00010000b.  Node N stores an entry associating 00010000b with
        the Path Control field for C1 and Target T.

   3.   Let C3 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        00001100b.  Node N stores an entry associating 00001100b with
        the Path Control field for C1 and Target T.

Corrected Text
--------------
   1.   Let C1 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        10000000b.  Node N stores an entry associating 10000000b with
        the Path Control field for C1 and Target T.

   2.   Let C2 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        00010000b.  Node N stores an entry associating 00010000b with
        the Path Control field for C2 and Target T.

   3.   Let C3 send a DAO containing a Target T with a Path Control
        00001100b.  Node N stores an entry associating 00001100b with
        the Path Control field for C3 and Target T.

Notes
-----
Bullet 2 and 3 seem wrong. I believe "C1" should be replaced by "C2" in bullet 2 and "C1" should be replaced by "C3" in bullet 3.

This issue was initially reported by Federico Consoli on the ROLL WG mailing list.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6550 (draft-ietf-roll-rpl-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
Publication Date    : March 2012
Author(s)           : T. Winter, Ed., P. Thubert, Ed., A. Brandt, J. Hui, R. Kelsey, P. Levis, K. Pister, R. Struik, JP. Vasseur, R. Alexander
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG