Subject: [Roll] [roll] #130: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - meaning of DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 00:27:22 -0000

#130: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - meaning of
DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

 From: Kerry Lynn <kerlyn at ieee.org>

 I believe that section 5.5 should also be clarified with respect to the
 meaning
 of DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS.  The second paragraph should
 read:

    This specification defines a fourth Trickle configuration parameter,
    TimerExpirations, which indicates the number of Trickle timer
    expiration events that occur before terminating the forwarding of a
    given MPL Data Message.

 This then ties DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS back to the "limited
 number of times" statement in section 4.2.  Similarly, the definition of
 DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS should read:

    DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS  The number of Trickle timer
       expirations that occur before terminating the Trickle algorithm's
       re-transmission of a given MPL Data Message.
       DATA_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS has a default value of 3.

 This eliminates the possible interpretation that the Trickle algorithm may
 not be used for subsequent MPL Data Messages.

 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07845.html

-- 
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast              |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/130>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>