Subject: [Roll] [roll] #120: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify the use of the asset with RFC 4949

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:04:52 -0000

#120: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify the use of the asset
with RFC 4949

 Comments done by Sean Turner (ST),source:
 [https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-
 threats/ballot/]

 === Section 3.1[[BR]]
 s3/3.1: in s3:
  A security assessment can  therefore begin with a focus on the assets or
 elements of information  that may be the target of the state changes and
 the access points in...
 and in s3.1 you say:  An asset implies an important system component
 (including information, process, or physical resource),
 But asset is also defined in RFC 4949 as:   $ asset (I) A system resource
 that is (a) required to be protected by an  information system's security
 policy, (b) intended to be protected by a countermeasure, or (c) required
 for a  system's mission. resource is better than component in my mind (see
 definition in RFC 4949) so
 how about the following in s3:  A security assessment can  therefore begin
 with a focus on the assets [RFC4949]  that may be the target of the state
 changes and the access points in…
 and in s3.1:  An asset is an important system resource (including
 information, process, or physical resource),

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/120>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>