Subject: [Roll] Status of draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:40:29 +0100

Hi,

Reading the recent thread, I assume that the publication request (made by
setting the document state to "Submitted to IESG for Publication") was made in
error. 

I have stopped my AD review and put the IESG document state into "AD is
Watching" pending receiving another publication request.

In the meantime, two things...

1. My review so far.
I hadn't got very far, and don't have much, but if the document is open for
edits, you might as well have what I noted up to now.
---
The first paragraph of Section 1 would benefit from some citations for
"traditional IPv6 multicast routing and forwarding."
---
I found section 3 rather sparse. Questions it might be nice to answer
include:

- can this be run over a wired (non-lossy, non-constrained environment)
- should this be contained at the LBR, and if so, can mcast traffic be
  gatewayed into the Internet
- can MPL operate in a mixed environment where not all routers are MPL
  capable?
- do the hosts need to be in any way aware that their mcast is supported
  by MPL?
---

2. Code point allocation.
Unfortunately, the mistaken publication request arrived just when the IESG and
IANA were going to agree on the revised early allocation. Seeing that the
document would go to the IANA for review in just a few days, we agreed not to do
anything about the revised early allocation request.

Now that the document will presumably be delayed by some time, I will restart
the revised early allocation request and try to expedite it.

Thanks,
Adrian