Subject: [Roll] [roll] #117: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify/include references

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 17:42:22 -0000

#117: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify/include references

 Comments done by Stephen Kent (SK), source:[http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/secdir/current/msg03712.html] and [http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/secdir/current/msg03848.html][[BR]]

 === Section 3[[BR]]
 *  There are references to various academia papers, which may be
 appropriate. I note, however, that other such papers that characterize
 routing security in terms of “correct” operation of a routing protocol,
 e.g., in the BGP context, have not been cited, and do not appear to be
 part of the methodology here.-- by SK

 === Section 5.2.3[[BR]]
 * 5.2.3 –Also, the work cited here [Wander2005] is not bad, but “NanoECC:
 testing the limits of elliptic curve cryptography in sensor networks,
 2008” is more up to date.-- by SK

 === Section 6.4[[BR]]
 * The reference to RFC 3029 is old, and refers to an experimental
 protocol. I'd suggest RFC 5055, which is much more recent, and is a
 proposed standard. “ … which supports several alternative private, public,
 or Diffie-Hellman …” Diffie-Hellman is a public-key scheme!-- by SK

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/117>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>