Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #110: trickle-mcast: do applications receive all multicast, or just MPL encapsulated ones

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:53:41 -0000

#110: trickle-mcast: do applications receive all multicast, or just MPL
encapsulated ones

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:08:42 +0000
 From: "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <[email-masked]>
 To: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "<[email-masked]>"
         <[email-masked]>,
 "<[email-masked]>"
         <[email-masked]>
 Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #110: trickle-mcast: do applications
         receive all multicast, or just MPL encapsulated ones
 Message-ID:
         <[email-masked]>
 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

 The FF0X::MPL multicast address serves to identify a group of MPL
 forwarders within an MPL domain.

 I think if any device sends a packet to FF0X::MPL, it should be delivered
 to and processed by all devices subscribed to that address.

 Thoughts from others?

 --
 Jonathan Hui

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-     |     Version:
  mcast                  |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/110#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:59:40 -0000

Thread on the previous comment: http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/roll/current/msg07525.html

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/110#comment:3>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:01:25 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 IMHO, not any device, if the device is not join the domain it should not
 receive MPL packet. Also cannot inject packets to MPL forwarders only if
 subscribed as mentioned in section 14. So for devices that don't subscribe
 they should use another way to send their packets to the MPL group.

 AB

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/110#comment:4>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 23:18:31 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 for this apply the section 4.2 in version 04: “...If the multicast
 destination address is not the MPL       Domain Address, IP-in-IP
 [RFC2473] is used to encapsulate the multicast message in an MPL Data
 Message, preserving the original IPv6 Destination Address.”

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-     |     Version:
  mcast                  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/110#comment:5>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>