Subject: [Roll] [roll] #125: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Delete section/terms

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 21:02:00 -0000

#125: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Delete section/terms

 Comments done by Stephen Kent (SK),source:[http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/secdir/current/msg03712.html] and [http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/secdir/current/msg03848.html][[BR]]
 Comments done by Sean Turner (ST),source:
 [https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-
 threats/ballot/]

 === Section 3.4[[BR]]
 * s3.4: misappropriated seems like the wrong word based on later sections.
 Masquerade seems like what you're trying to protect against, but that's
 covered by the peer authentication process. -- by ST

 === Section 5.1.2[[BR]]
 * 5.1.2 - Passive wiretapping (“sniffing” to the authors) does not include
 device compromise. -- by SK[[BR]]
 * 5.1.2 -  The discussion of what constitutes a suitable key length is not
 a good topic for this document. First, the authors fail to note, at the
 beginning of the relevant paragraph, that the key length comments are
 applicable to symmetric cryptographic algorithms. Second, absent a mention
 of the granularity of key distribution, this discussion is premature, at
 best. -- BY SK

 === Section 5.1.4[[BR]]
 * 5.1.4 – Discussions of anti-tamper are rarely appropriate for IETF
 documents. There is no reason to believe that these authors are especially
 knowledgeable about such technology. I suggest this section be deleted.--
 by SK

 === Section 5.3.3[[BR]]
 * 5.3.3 – “Selective forwarding” is not a routing attack.-- by SK

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/125>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>