Subject: [Roll] [roll] #121: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Provide a pointer to the concept of control plane and specify it in the figure

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 18:09:24 -0000

#121: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Provide a pointer to the
concept of control plane and specify it in the figure

 Comments done by Sean Turner (ST),source:
 [https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-
 threats/ballot/]

 === Section 3.1[[BR]]
 * Please provide a pointer to the concept of "control plane".  Would RFC
 6192 do as a pointer or maybe add definitions in the definitions section:
 control plane: Supports routing and management functions. forward plane:
 Responsible for receiving a packet on an incoming interface, performing a
 lookup to identify the packet's next hop and determine the best outgoing
 interface towards the destination, and forwarding the packet out through
 the appropriate outgoing interface.
 Also, are we just talking about control plane security here?  If that's
 true can we say way, way sooner - like in the abstract/introduction?
 abstract:   A systematic approach is used in defining and evaluating the
 security threats for the control plane.
 and then else where as appropriate[[BR]]
 * s3.1: It's worth reiterating that the Figure is just about the control
 plane: All of this is done on the control plane. (assuming it is)

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/121>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>