Subject: [Roll] [roll] #128: Trickle multicast could be considered in other applications?

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 00:12:04 -0000

#128: Trickle multicast could be considered in other applications?

 From: Kerry Lynn <kerlyn at ieee.org>

 Apart from the fact that this draft is introduced in ROLL to address a
 problem
 inherent in multi-link subnets, I see nothing in the proposal that
 limits it to such
 networks.  It seems to me that trickle multicast could be considered in
 other
 applications, e.g. homenet, if it compares favorably with PIM-xM in
 complexity.

 Thread http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07845.html

-- 
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement                |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast              |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/128>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:02:55 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 From Adrian Farrel about section 3 Applicability Statement

 - can this be run over a wired (non-lossy, non-constrained environment)
 - should this be contained at the LBR, and if so, can mcast traffic be
   gatewayed into the Internet
 - can MPL operate in a mixed environment where not all routers are MPL
   capable?
 - do the hosts need to be in any way aware that their mcast is supported
   by MPL?

 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07957.html

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast              |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/128#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>