Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #118: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify relation with RFC 1636/4949 - Considerations on ROLL Security

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:37:55 -0000

#118: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Verify relation with RFC
1636/4949 - Considerations on ROLL Security

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In version 02 of this draft

 The first paragraph of the section 3 was changed as recommended,

 "Routing security, in essence, ensures that the routing protocol operates
 correctly. It entails implementing measures to ensure controlled state
 changes on devices and network elements, both based on external inputs
 (received via communications) or internal inputs (physical security of
 device itself and parameters maintained by the device, including, e.g.,
 clock). State changes would thereby involve not only authorization of
 injector’s actions, authentication of injectors, authentication,
 integrity, and potentially confidentiality of routing data, but also
 proper order of state changes through timeliness, since seriously delayed
 state changes, such as commands or updates of routing tables, may
 negatively impact system operation."

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/118#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>