Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #116: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt --- Include/fix/verify definitions/terms

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:35:11 -0000

#116: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-01.txt ---  Include/fix/verify
definitions/terms

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In version 03 of this draft:

 Section 3.1

    Database is not listed in node resources. "node" without a qualifier
 seems still missing.

 Section 4

    Thread source section created and pointed to RFC 4593.

 Section 5

    The definition of threat used belongs to RFC 4593 and not RFC 4949
 (which the text references)
 Section 4.1 is 5.3 in version 03

    Traffic Analysis was eliminated from this section

 Section  4.2.1 is   6.1 in version 03

    The terms “overclaiming” and “misclaiming” are still without being
 defined earlier

 Section 4.3.1 is 7.1 in version 03

    remains the same information for overload attack as in version 02

 Section 4.3.2 -> 7.2

    remains the same information for “Selective forwarding,” “wormhole,”
 and “sinkhole” that in version 02

 Section 5 is section 8 in version 03

    The Countering Deliberate Exposure Attacks section was modified,
 encryption is mentioned.

 Section 5.1.3 -> 8.1.3

    Remains  the same information as version 02,  few words were changed.

 Section 6.1 is 9.1 in version 03

    Privacy is mentioned in section 8.3.4 and 9.1 with the same information
 as version 02

 [RFC4949]
 “ $ privacy
       1. (I) The right of an entity (normally a person), acting in its own
 behalf, to determine the degree to which it will interact with its
 environment, including the degree to which the entity is
       willing to share its personal information with others. …..
       …..
       3. (Deprecated) Synonym for "data confidentiality".
       ...
 ... IDOCs are expected to address only communication privacy, which in
 this
       Glossary is defined primarily by "data confidentiality" and
 secondarily by "data integrity"....”

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/116#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>