Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00.txt

From: Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:13:02 -0300

Dear All,

We have submitted the draft (draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00).

We are working on implementing the energy-aware metrics on RPL
implementations such as SimpleRPL, ContikiRPL or TinyRPL.

We appreciate your comments,

BR,
-- 
Antonio C. Oliveira Junior, PhD Student Computer Science
MAP-i Doctoral Programme (www.map.edu.pt/i)
Researcher at SITILabs (http://siti.ulusofona.pt/)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 July 2013 10:03
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00.txt
To: Antonio Junior <[email-masked]>, Rute Sofia <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Antonio Junior and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness
Revision:        00
Title:           Energy-awareness metrics global applicability guidelines
Creation date:   2013-07-11
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-00

Abstract:
   This document describes a new set of energy-awareness metrics which
   have been devised to be applicable to any multihop routing protocol
   having in mind LLNs, including the Routing for Low Power and Lossy
   Networks (RPL) protocol.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 03:01:14 -0300

Hi,

Thank you very much for this draft,

Just some comments, please correct If I am wrong:

* Due to the doc talk about energy I think should be appropriated define
energy in terminology (section 1.1), in draft-ietf-eman-framework-08 the
energy is defined as: "Energy: That which does work or is capable of doing
work.As used by electric utilities, it is generally a reference to
electrical energy and is measured inkilowatt hours (kWh).Reference:
[IEEE100] NOTES1. Energy is the capacity of a system to produce external
activity or perform work [ISO50001]"

* To a better understanding I think should be appropriated mention into
brackets some energy parameters when energy cost is defined in section
1.1. draft-ietf-eman-energy-monitoring-mib-05 define some parameters in Energy
Table and Energy ParametersTable.

* In section 3.1.1 the field "Energy Cost" in 9 bits I think should be
changed by "E_E " (estimated energy) in 8 bits,

* [RFC6551] is duplicated in Informative References Section

Thanks and Regards,

Ines Robles.

2013/7/11 <[email-masked]>

>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Fwd: New Version Notification for
>       (Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:13:02 -0300
> From: Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for
> Message-ID:
>         <
> [email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Dear All,
>