Subject: Re: [Roll] [core] Fwd: IETF Mentor Program

From: Don Sturek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 07:05:48 -0700

Hi Lars,

My name is Don Sturek and I would be interested in signing up as a mentor.

I spent a good deal of time working in the IETF on a variety of drafts
around IoT as part of ZigBee IP (plus added drafts to 6MAN which formed
part of the problem statement for Homenet and also participated in a
barBOF in Stockholm which provided some requirements for Core.....)

Don

On 7/22/13 6:51 AM, "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm one of the folks matching up mentors and newcomers. We have a few
>newcomers that are interested in IoT, but VERY few IoT folks volunteering
>to be mentors. Please step up! And soon!
>
>Lars
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
>> Subject: IETF Mentor Program
>> Date: July 1, 2013 21:39:36 GMT+02:00
>> To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
>> Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> 
>>   Based on discussions during IETF 86, we are trialing an IETF
>>mentoring program.  During this trial period, we would like to pair
>>newcomers (people who have attended 3 or fewer meetings or have
>>registered as students) with existing IETF participants.  The goal is to
>>provide a resource for the newcomer who can assist them with integrating
>>into the IETF community.  Mentors and newcomers will be paired prior to
>>IETF 87.
>> 
>>   What we need is for people to volunteer to be mentors. As a mentor,
>>we would ask that you be willing to assist your mentoring participant
>>before, during, and (hopefully) after IETF 87.  The actual level of
>>interaction will be driven by an agreement between the mentor and the
>>mentoring participant. Additionally, we would need a brief description
>>of your areas of expertise, technical interests, and conversational
>>languages.
>> 
>>   A description of the Mentor Program (including a FAQ describing
>> how to volunteer to be a mentor) is available:
>> 
>> http://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html.
>> 
>>   Anyone interested in being a mentor should follow the sign-up
>> instructions contained in the above URL.  The more volunteers we have,
>> the stronger the program will be!
>> 
>> Regards,
>> IETF Chair
>
>_______________________________________________
>core mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:51:21 +0000

Hi,

I'm one of the folks matching up mentors and newcomers. We have a few newcomers that are interested in IoT, but VERY few IoT folks volunteering to be mentors. Please step up! And soon!

Lars

Begin forwarded message:

>   Based on discussions during IETF 86, we are trialing an IETF mentoring program.  During this trial period, we would like to pair newcomers (people who have attended 3 or fewer meetings or have registered as students) with existing IETF participants.  The goal is to provide a resource for the newcomer who can assist them with integrating into the IETF community.  Mentors and newcomers will be paired prior to IETF 87.
> 
>   What we need is for people to volunteer to be mentors. As a mentor, we would ask that you be willing to assist your mentoring participant before, during, and (hopefully) after IETF 87.  The actual level of interaction will be driven by an agreement between the mentor and the mentoring participant. Additionally, we would need a brief description of your areas of expertise, technical interests, and conversational languages.
>