Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #129: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - Proactive and Reactive Forwarding should be mutually exclusive within the same MPL Domain?

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:35:23 -0000

#129: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - Proactive and Reactive Forwarding should
be mutually exclusive within the same MPL Domain?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:34:38 +0000

 From: "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <[email-masked]>

 Subject: Re: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-

 05.txt

 “This update attempts to address all of the open tickets.  A summary of
 changes is below.  Please provide feedback on these changes.  Thanks.

 ...

 129:
 - Updated Section 4.2 to explicitly indicate that proactive and reactive
 are not mutually exclusive.  Proactive and reactive techniques may be used
 simultaneously within an MPL Domain.  For example, upon receiving a new
 MPL Data messages when both proactive and reactive forwarding techniques
 are enabled, an MPL Forwarder will proactively retransmit the MPL Data
 Message a limited number of times and schedule further transmissions upon
 receiving MPL Control Messages.”

 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08103.html
 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07947.html

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast              |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/129#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>