Subject: [Roll] RFC 6998 on A Mechanism to Measure the Routing Metrics along a Point-to-Point Route in a Low-Power and Lossy Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6998

        Title:      A Mechanism to Measure the 
                    Routing Metrics along a Point-to-Point Route 
                    in a Low-Power and Lossy Network 
        Author:     M. Goyal, Ed., E. Baccelli, 
                    A. Brandt, J. Martocci
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 68274
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-p2p-measurement-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6998.txt

This document specifies a mechanism that enables a Routing Protocol
for Low-power and Lossy Networks (RPL) router to measure the
aggregated values of given routing metrics along an existing route
towards another RPL router, thereby allowing the router to decide if
it wants to initiate the discovery of a better route.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC