Subject: [Roll] Document Action: 'Terms used in Ruting for Low power And Lossy Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 10:47:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Terms used in Ruting for Low power And Lossy Networks'
  (draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-terminology/

Technical Summary

   This document provides a glossary of terminology used in routing
   requirements and solutions for networks referred to as Low power and
   Lossy Networks (LLN).  An LLN is typically composed of many embedded
   devices with limited power, memory, and processing resources
   interconnected by a variety of links.  There is a wide scope of
   application areas for LLNs, including industrial monitoring, building
   automation (e.g.  Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, lighting,
   access control, fire), connected home, healthcare, environmental
   monitoring, urban sensor networks, energy management, assets
   tracking, refrigeration.

Working Group Summary

   No concerns, the document had good support. 

Document Quality

   There was good support in the working group towards getting the 
   definitions precise enough to be useful, but not overly specific.

   This Informational document contains only terminology so cannot
   be implemented, but the WG is actively using this document as a
   base reference in other work.

   There is no formal language in this document.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]> 
   Responsible AD: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> 

RFC Editor Note

   Document Title
   s/Ruting/Routing/

   Section 2 Directed Acyclic Graph:
   s/edge v again/vertex v again/

   Section 2
   OLD
   HVAC: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.  A term applied to
   the comfort level of an internal space.
   NEW
   HVAC: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.  A term applied to
   mechanisms used to maintain the comfort level of an internal space.
   END

   Section 2 Sleepy Node
   s/When no in/When not in/

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:01:54 +0700

You're joking, right?  14 revs, IESG review and still nobody asked what 
"Ruting" was?