Subject: [Roll] [roll] #136: - draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami - Add a section of the Security Considerations for each instance where the RPL security mechanism are not to be used

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 05:50:32 -0000

#136: - draft-ietf-roll-applicability-ami - Add a section of the Security
Considerations for each instance where the RPL security mechanism are not
to be used

 Source: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg04477.html

 From: Chris Lonvick <clonvick at cisco.com>
 Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:41:54 -0800 (PST)

 “The authors note that other security mechanisms may be used, which would
 mean that the security functions of RPL would not be needed. I would
 recommend that a section of the Security Considerations be added for each
 instance where the RPL security mechanism are not to be used. Each of
 those sections should show how the replacement mechanisms will meet the
 requirements of the RPL security services that are described in 6550.”

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  applicability-
     Type:  defect                   |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major                    |     Status:  new
Component:  applicability-ami        |  Milestone:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |    Version:
                                     |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/136>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>