Subject: [Roll] [roll] #140: draft-ietf-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability - Describe how RPL security services there can be replaced

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 16:31:30 -0000

#140: draft-ietf-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability - Describe how RPL security
services there can be replaced

 Source: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg04492.html

 From: Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov at isode.com>

 Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:14:50 +0000

 "

 >    In contrast to other types of LLNs, in industrial automation
 >    networks centralized administrative control and access to
 >    a permanent secure infrastructure is available.
 >    As a result link-layer, transport-layer
 >    and/or application-layer security mechanisms are typically in place
 >    and may make use of RPL's secure mode unnecessary.

 Pointing to RFC 6550 and describing how RPL security services described
 there can be replaced by link/transport/application-layer technologies
 would be helpful as well."

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-rpl-
  [email-masked]          |  industrial-
     Type:  defect                   |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  major                    |     Status:  new
Component:  rpl-industrial-          |  Milestone:
  applicability                      |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/140>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>