Subject: [Roll] RFC 7102 on Terms Used in Routing for Low-Power and Lossy Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:35:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7102

        Title:      Terms Used in Routing for 
                    Low-Power and Lossy Networks 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16444
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-terminology-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7102.txt

This document provides a glossary of terminology used in routing
requirements and solutions for networks referred to as Low-Power and
Lossy Networks (LLNs).  An LLN is typically composed of many embedded
devices with limited power, memory, and processing resources
interconnected by a variety of links.  There is a wide scope of
application areas for LLNs, including industrial monitoring, building
automation (e.g., heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lighting,
access control, fire), connected home, health care, environmental
monitoring, urban sensor networks, energy management, assets
tracking, and refrigeration.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC