Subject: [Roll] Intend for draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:09:58 -0200

Hi,

Thank you very much for this draft,

We would like to know please how this draft is aligned with the roll
charter, what is the intention of this draft? Maybe would three documents
be better? Applicability Guidelines for RPL. AODV. OLSR.? Perhaps with a
reference to a algorithm/analysis of.

Please could you kindly inform if were possible the implementation of
energy-aware metrics on RPL such as SimpleRPL, ContikiRPL or TinyRPL.? [
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08015.html]

Thank you in advance,

Michael and Ines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/msg55852.html

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Energy-awareness metrics global
applicability guidelines
        Authors         : Antonio Junior
                          Rute Sofia
	Filename        : draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-01-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a new set of energy-awareness metrics which
   have been devised to be applicable to any multihop routing protocol
   having in mind LLNs, including the Routing for Low Power and Lossy
   Networks (RPL) protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft
is:https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness/

There's also a htmlized version available
at:http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-01

A diff from the previous version is available
at:http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP
at:ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 12:11:48 -0200

Hi Ines,

Welcome!

The intention of this draft is to contribute with the ROLL WG
regarding energy-aware metrics applicable to any multihop routing
protocol having in mind LLNs. As the RPL is the protocol of the ROLL,
we intend to perform a deep analysis of the metrics in RPL.

We are working on implementation of energy-aware metrics on RPL
(analysing SimpleRPL, ContikiRPL and TinyRPL). However, we are
depending on students works and this process are still in progress. We
hope to have feedback/results on the next draft (-02). In fact, we can
separate the documents as the focus now is on RPL.

Best Regards,
Antonio

On 20 January 2014 15:09, Ines  Robles <[email-masked]> wrote:
> charter, what is the intention of this draft? Maybe would three documents be
> better? Applicability Guidelines for RPL. AODV. OLSR.? Perhaps with a
> energy-aware metrics on RPL such as SimpleRPL, ContikiRPL or TinyRPL.?
> [http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08015.html]
>
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
>
> Michael and Ines.
>
>
>         Title           : Energy-awareness metrics global applicability
> guidelines
>         Authors         : Antonio Junior
>                           Rute Sofia
> The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness/
>
> There's also a htmlized version available at:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-01
>
> A diff from the previous version is available at:
> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ajunior-roll-energy-awareness-01
>
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

-- 
Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior, PhD Student Computer Science
MAP-i Doctoral Programme (www.map.edu.pt/i)
Researcher at COPELABS (http://copelabs.ulusofona.pt)

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:35:07 -0200

Hi Antonio,

2014/1/23 Antonio Carlos de Oliveira Junior <[email-masked]>

> Thanks, we are going to analyze if we need a re-chartering or not.

> separate the documents as the focus now is on RPL.

Ok, thank you.

Kind Regards,

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:36:14 -0500

> we intend to perform a deep analysis of the metrics in RPL.

RFC6551 says that if you want a new metric container type, and I think that
you do, that you need to write a document, which you have.

I think that we just need to have a single document for RPL, since we can not
review/approve any AODV or OLSR extensions in this group.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
IETF ROLL WG co-chair.    http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/roll/charter/