Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #132: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - Clarify scope value of 3 - subnet-local

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:47:14 -0000

#132: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-04 - Clarify scope value of 3 - subnet-local

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 This issue is fixed, the solution was added in Section 4.1 of the draft-
 ietf-roll-trickle-mcast-06:

 "By default, an MPL Forwarder SHOULD participate in an MPL Domain
 identified by the ALL_MPL_FORWARDERS multicast address with a scope value
 of 3 (Realm-Local) [I-D.ietf-6man-multicast-scopes].

 When MPL is used in deployments that use administratively defined scopes
 that cover, for example, multiple subnets based on different underlying
 network technologies, Admin-Local scope (scop value 4) and/or Site-Local
 scope (scop value 5) SHOULD be used."

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast              |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/132#comment:19>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>