Subject: [Roll] Intention for draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:43:58 -0200

*Hi Pascal and Jonathan,Thank you very much for
draft-thubert-roll-forwarding-frags-02,Abstract:In order to be routed, a
fragmented packet must be reassembled at   every hop of a multihop link
where lower layer fragmentation occurs.   Considering that the IPv6 minimum
MTU is 1280 bytes and that an an   802.15.4 frame can have a payload
limited to 74 bytes in the worst   case, a packet might end up fragmented
into as many as 18 fragments   at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one
of those fragments is   lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent,
further   contributing to the congestion that might have caused the initial
  packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to forward and
  recover individual fragments that might be lost over multiple hops
  between 6LoWPAN endpoints.We would like to know please how you see that
this draft is aligned with the roll charter, it seems that the intention is
in this thread:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07784.html
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg07784.html>, is that
correct? do you have some additional information for intention? Thank you
in advance,Michael and Ines.*