Subject: [Roll] [roll] #155: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats - LLN Device Security Model

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 20:19:26 -0000

#155: draft-ietf-roll-security-threats - LLN Device Security Model

 Reported by Robert Cragie - 02/17/2014

 Section 7.5.1  Mechanisms and Operations

 Figure 5: LLN Device Security Model

 <rcc>I don't really get this diagram - it isn't really telling me much. If
 anything, it is missing the  point made earlier that security required for
 the application domain determines the level of security for routing and
 the stack. Even then, there may be different levels of security required
 in the application domain which would dictate a different approach to
 security. For example, if the LLN is only ever going to be "best effort"
 then there may not be a need to provide stringent protection on the
 routing protocol, whereas the application layer may in itself require a
 high degree of privacy between peer nodes in the LLN (e.g. a shared
 mesh)</rcc>

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  security-threats         |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/155>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:51:47 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] =>
            [email-masked]
 * status:  new => assigned

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:
Component:  security-threats           |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/155#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>