Subject: [Roll] [roll] #146: EED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME without any kind of hysteresis mechanism

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:05:25 -0000

#146: EED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME without any kind of hysteresis mechanism

 Thread: ​http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08473.html

 From: Axel Colin de Verdière <axel-ietf at axelcdv.com>
 Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 01:26:50 +0100

 - Isn't there a risk that only specifying SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME without
 any kind of hysteresis mechanism lead to old Data messages being
 reinjected in the network? For example, if an MPL forwarder A resets its
 Control Message trickle timer with a seed (S) close to expiration, there
 is a risk that a neighbor forwarder that has expired that seed interprets
 the Control Message as A having new Data messages from seed S, thus
 resetting its timer for this seed and potentially retransmitting the
 corresponding Data message(s).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast            |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/146>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:39:07 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08478.html

 From: "Jonathan Hui (johui)" <johui at cisco.com>
 Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:03:00 +0000

 The hysteresis is controlled using the
 DATA/CONTROL_MESSAGE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS parameters.  The
 SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME should be much longer than these to help ensure
 that devices maintain state until the propagation has completed.

 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/146#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:21:06 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Thread: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08497.html

 From: Axel Colin de Verdière <axel-ietf at axelcdv.com>
 Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 01:05:18 +0100

 Alright, got it, thanks.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast            |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/146#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>