Subject: [Roll] [roll] #148: Delete paragraph of Applicability Statement not more alignment with multicast-scope draft

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:21:15 -0000

#148: Delete paragraph of Applicability Statement not more alignment with
multicast-scope draft

 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/roll/current/msg08485.html

 From: Kerry Lynn <kerlyn at ieee.org>
 Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:44:36 -0500

 3. Applicability Statement

 OLD:
    Operationally, the scope of this protocol is administratively
    determined.  In other words, the scope of dissemination is determined
    by routers configured to disallow transmission or reception of MPL
    messages on a subset of interfaces.

 This language predates the alignment with I-D.ietf-6man-multicast-scopes
 and I suspect
 it is no longer generally true.  I recommend deleting it.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast            |    Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/148>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:25:21 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 An Editorial comment:

 5.4  MPL Forwarder Parameters

 OLD:
    PROACTIVE_FORWARDING  A boolean value that indicates whether the MPL
       Forwarder schedules MPL Data Message transmissions after receiving
       them for the first time.  It is RECOMMENDED that all MPL
       Interfaces attached to the same link of a given MPL Domain use the
       same value for PROACTIVE_FORWARDING and has a default value of
       TRUE.  The mechanism for setting PROACTIVE_FORWARDING is not
       specified within this document.

    SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME  The minimum lifetime for an entry in the
       Seed Set.  SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME has a default value of 30
       minutes.  It is RECOMMENDED that all MPL Forwarders use the same
       value for SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME for a given MPL Domain and has a
       default value of 30 minutes.  The mechanism for setting
       SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME is not specified within this document.

 NEW:
       ...
       PROACTIVE_FORWARDING has a default value of TRUE.
       ...
       It is RECOMMENDED that all MPL Forwarders use the same
       value for SEED_SET_ENTRY_LIFETIME for a given MPL Domain and use a
       default value of 30 minutes.
 I think you were already planning to delete the RECOMMEND that all MPL
 Interfaces
 on the same link use the same value for PROACTIVE_FORWARDING.  The second
 suggestion is just grammatical.

 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/148#comment:1>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>

---

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:38:45 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 In version 07:

 This paragraph was deleted in the Introduction section:

 "Operationally, the scope of this protocol is administratively determined.
 In other words, the scope of dissemination is determined by routers
 configured to disallow transmission or reception of MPL    messages on a
 subset of interfaces."

 In Section 5.4 this sentence "MPL Domain and has a default value of 30
 minutes" was changed to "MPL Domain and use a default value of 30 minutes"

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-mcast            |     Version:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/148#comment:2>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>