Subject: [Roll] interest in asymmetrical links support?

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:37:35 +0000

Hello Michael:

This is another pending work related to RPL, specifically on asym. links operations.
The work was triggered by a discussion with Don Sturek, but failed to attract WG attention at the time.
I can revive it if interests grows?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-roll-asymlink-02

Pascal

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:54:38 -0400

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-roll-asymlink-02

My impression is that we got stuck on asymmetric link issues because many
were unclear how they were going to get ETX, period, let alone assymetric
ETX.

I think that MLE makes some of this clearer.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
IETF ROLL WG co-chair.    http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/roll/charter/

---

From: Don Sturek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:24:15 -0700

Hi Michael,

The ZigBee IP specification is available publicly (after you are asked to
enter some information).  Here is the link:
http://zigbee.org/Specifications/ZigBeeIP/Download.aspx

In the ZigBee IP specification (secion 5.4.2.2 Objective Function) we use
RFC 6719 and require that the ETX of the link is computed on both sides as
the product of the forward and reverse delivery ratio (we use MLE to
exchange ETX from the perspective of each one hop neighbor so that you can
see what your neighbor thinks your ETX is and to support this
calculation.....)

By the way, though registration is required to get the specification,
there is nothing in the ZigBee IP specification that is anything other
than configuration information for IETF and IEEE specifications.

We do have test plans, protocol interchange conformance statements plus
logs from testing but those are all confidential to our commercial
alliance unfortunately.....

Don

On 3/12/14 1:54 PM, "Michael Richardson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    > The work was triggered by a discussion with Don Sturek, but failed
>to
>    > attract WG attention at the time.
>_______________________________________________
>Roll mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll