Subject: [Roll] RPL and SDN/OpenFlow

From: "S.V.R.Anand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 23:48:23 +0530

Hi,

Pardon me if this is not the appropriate forum to ask this query.

I am contemplating of extending the use of SDN all the way to WSNs. In
this context, I would like to know if there have been any efforts to
realise SDN/OpenFlow on top of RPL ? Not sure what it takes in doing so. I
hope the idea itself is not out of place.

I appreciate to receive your inputs.

Anand

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:08:34 +0000

Hello Anand:

6TiSCH will be studying a PCE model once the RPL over TSCH is figured out.
As a result, we will have a mix of distributed and centralized routing.

Cheers,

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Roll [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of S.V.R.Anand
> Sent: jeudi 13 mars 2014 19:18
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Roll] RPL and SDN/OpenFlow
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I am contemplating of extending the use of SDN all the way to WSNs. In this
> context, I would like to know if there have been any efforts to realise
> SDN/OpenFlow on top of RPL ? Not sure what it takes in doing so. I hope the
> idea itself is not out of place.
> 
> This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
> MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:18:27 +0530

Hello Pascal,

Thanks for the input. Nice to know that we are  moving towards network
architectures that can extend SDN style of network provisioning into RPL
framework. It would be interesting to study how  the notion of OFs can be
used in the context of SDNs.

Since I just started looking into this, let me know if the problem is
interesting and I would be thankful if I can interact with someone to
initiate the work. I would also like to contribute to the ongoing effort.

Anand

>> this