Subject: [Roll] RFC 7416 on A Security Threat Analysis for the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPLs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 14:27:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7416

        Title:      A Security Threat Analysis for 
                    the Routing Protocol for Low-Power and 
                    Lossy Networks (RPLs) 
        Author:     T. Tsao, R. Alexander,
                    M. Dohler, V. Daza,
                    A. Lozano, M. Richardson, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 94452
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-security-threats-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7416.txt

This document presents a security threat analysis for the Routing
Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPLs).  The development
builds upon previous work on routing security and adapts the
assessments to the issues and constraints specific to low-power and
lossy networks.  A systematic approach is used in defining and
evaluating the security threats.  Applicable countermeasures are
application specific and are addressed in relevant applicability
statements.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC