Subject: [Roll] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6550 (4219)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 07:35:50 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6550,
"RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6550&eid=4219

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: pronounciation of RPL <[email-masked]>

Section: 1.0

Original Text
-------------
This document specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL).
Note that although RPL was specified according to the requirements
set forth in the aforementioned requirement documents, its use is in
no way limited to these applications.

Corrected Text
--------------
This document specifies the IPv6 Routing Protocol for LLNs (RPL).  
The acronym RPL is used extensively in other documents and in 
other acronyms,and it is pronounced "ripple". As such, it is 
appropriate to write "a RPL root" as if the acronym was pronounced, 
rather than "an RPL root" if the letters were spelt out "arr peee ell".

Note that although RPL was specified according to the requirements
set forth in the aforementioned requirement documents, its use is in
no way limited to these applications.

Notes
-----
newcomers to the IoT space do not know what "ripple" is.
this is recorded as errata so that it does not get lost on 6550bis.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6550 (draft-ietf-roll-rpl-19)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks
Publication Date    : March 2012
Author(s)           : T. Winter, Ed., P. Thubert, Ed., A. Brandt, J. Hui, R. Kelsey, P. Levis, K. Pister, R. Struik, JP. Vasseur, R. Alexander
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG