Subject: [Roll] Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-04.txt> (MPL Parameter Configuration Option for DHCPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 06:27:39 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- 'MPL Parameter Configuration Option for DHCPv6'
  <draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-04.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This draft defines a way to configure a parameter set of MPL
   (Multicast Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks) via DHCPv6
   option.  MPL has a set of parameters to control its behavior, and the
   parameter set is often configured as a network-wide parameter because
   the parameter set should be identical for each MPL forwarder in an
   MPL domain.  Using the MPL Parameter Configuration Option defined in
   this document, a network can be configured with a single set of MPL
   parameter easily.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.