Subject: [Roll] Protocol Action: 'MPL Parameter Configuration Option for DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 08:17:25 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MPL Parameter Configuration Option for DHCPv6'
  (draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-08.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration/

Technical Summary

   This draft defines a way to configure a parameter set of MPL 
   (Multicast Protocol for Low power  and Lossy Networks) via 
   DHCPv6 option.  MPL has a set of parameters to control its 
   behavior, and the parameter set is often configured network-wide 
   because it should be identical for each MPL forwarder in an 
   MPL domain.  Using the MPL Parameter Configuration Option 
   defined in this document, a network can be configured with a 
   single set of MPL parameters easily.

Working Group Summary

   This document was reviewed in ROLL and DHC WGs.  
   During WG Last Call there were no comments, but the 
   Chairs considered it reached consensus in previous threads.

Document Quality

   The DHC Chair Bernie Volz reviewed the document and was 
   ok with the proposed option format.  The document has also
   been through the review of the shepherd, the AD, etc.

Personnel

   Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana
   Document Shepherd: Ines Robles