Subject: [Roll] Fwd: Call for Papers (CfP) announcement for 8th International Conference on AdHoc Networks occurring Sep 26/27th in Ottawa Canada.

From: Publicity AdHocNets2016 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 19:40:49 -0500

Hi,

If I may submit the following Call for Papers (CfP) for your consideration,
it would be appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

Mike (Publicity Co-Chair for AdHocNets 2016).

*============================================================================
*

*8th International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks - *

*AdHocNets 2016 *

*September 26-27, 2016*

*Ottawa**, **Canada*

*http://adhocnets.org/2016/show/home* <http://adhocnets.org/2016/show/home>

*============================================================================
*

*HIGHLIGHTS *

-          The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a
leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of
innovation in the field of ICT.

-          All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made
available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest
scientific libraries.

-          Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by Google Scholar,
ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus and many more.

-          Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed
Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.

*CALL FOR PAPERS *

*Scope *

Ad hoc networks, which cover a variety of network paradigms for specific
purposes, such as mobile ad hoc networks, wireless sensor networks,
vehicular networks, underwater networks, airborne networks, underground
networks, personal area networks, and home networks, promise a broad range
of applications in civilian, commercial, and military areas. The aim of the
annual International Conference on Ad Hoc Networks (AdHocNets) is to
provide a forum that brings together researchers from academia, government
laboratories, as well as practitioners from industry to meet and exchange
ideas and recent research work on all aspects of ad hoc networks. Held
annually since 2009, the eighth edition of the event, AdHocNets 2016, will
be held in Ottawa, Canada, in September 2016. The conference will consist
of keynote talks, technical sessions, and associated workshops. The
technical sessions will present original and fundamental research advances
while the workshops will focus on development and application issues in
this hot field. The workshops will be dedicated to specific and more
focused themes, especially to the recent developments and emerging
applications in ad hoc networking.

*Topics *

The conference solicits original technical papers that were not previously
published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere.
Papers should address technical challenges in any type of ad hoc network,
such as, but not limited to, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Sensor Networks,
Vehicular Networks, Personal Area Networks, Body Area Networks, Smart Grid
Networks, Nanonetworks, or Home Networks. Possible topics of interest
include:

-          Network architectural and protocol design

-          Spectrum related issues in ad hoc networks

-          Metrics for ad hoc networks

-          Cognitive ad hoc networks

-          Cross-layer design

-          MAC, routing, and transport protocols

-          Resource allocation and management

-          Network control and management

-          Power control and management

-          Topology control and management

-          Quality of service provisioning

-          Service discovery

-          Ranging and node localization

-          Time synchronization

-          Data fusion

-          Network scalability and capacity

-          Reliability and fault tolerance

-          Security and privacy

-          Middleware for ad hoc networks

-          Applications of ad hoc networks

-          Performance modeling and analysis

-          Tools to design, implement, and evaluate ad hoc network protocols

-          Wireless Software-Defined Networking

-          Network Function Virtualization for ad hoc networks

*Publications *

Accepted papers will be published in the AdHocNets 2016 Conference
Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of the Institute
for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Tele-communications
Engineering (LNICST) series. Extended versions of selected best papers from
the conference will be invited to be submitted for publication (fast review
track) in the ICST Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications.
The proceedings will be available both as paper-based copies and via
Springerlink, Springer's digital library. In addition, the content of the
proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services,
including DBLP, Google Scholar, ISI Proceedings, EI, CrossRef and
Zentralblatt Math, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions
on Mobile Communications and Applications.

*Paper Submission and Deadlines*

Please visit the conference website (http://adhocnets.org/2016/show/home)
for detailed instructions on the paper submission process.

-          Submission Deadline: April 28, 2016

-          Notification Date: May 31, 2016

-          Camera-Ready Deadline: June 30, 2016

*Conference Organizing Committee*

General Chair:

-          Yifeng Zhou, Communications Research Centre, Canada

TPC Co-Chairs:

-          Thomas Kunz, Carleton University, Canada

-          Stephan Fischer, University of Lubeck, Germany

-          Zhangdui Zhong, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China

Publicity & Social Media Co-Chairs:

-          Mike Tanguay, National Defence, Canada

-          Mouna Rekik, INRIA, France

-          Changle Li, Xidian University, China

-          Xiaohong Jiang, Future University of Hakodate, Japan

Publication Chair:

-          Marc St-Hilaire, Carleton University, Canada

Workshops Co-Chairs:

-        John Matyjas, U. S. Air Force Research Laboratory, USA

-        Kamesh Namuduri, University of North Texas, USA

Web Co-Chairs:

-          Tianhao Zhou, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA

-          Qianshu Wang, University of Waterloo, Canada

Local Chair:

-          Jiali Shang, Canada Remote Sensing Application Development,
Canada

Conference Manager:

-          Jana Vlnkova, EAI

Steering Committee:

-          Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, Italy

-          Jun Zheng, Southeast University, China

-          Shiwen Mao, Auburn University, USA

*ABOUT EAI *

The European Alliance for Innovation is a dynamic eco-system for fostering
ICT enabled innovation to improve European competitiveness and to benefit
society. EAI uses open e-platforms to inspire grassroots collaboration
among all relevant actors, from organizations to individuals, to stimulate
community driven innovation to its institutional and individual members
worldwide. Through EAI, organizations find ideas and talent, and individual
innovators find organizations for their ingenuity and craft. Join the
innovation community at www.eai.eu