Subject: [Roll] Source-Routed Multicast for RPL (Re: Roll recharter)

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 10:46:42 -0300

peter van der Stok wrote:
> - Source-Routed Multicast for RPL (draft-bergmann-bier-ccast).

We just submitted -01 of this draft.  This now also includes the
header/option formats we used, so (apart from the specific selection of
bloom filter hash functions, which needs a little more work before we
nail it down) the protocol should now be implementable interoperably
from the draft.

Note that we didn't ask for agenda time for "presenting" the draft; if
you need a refresher, have a look at these two slides:

https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/92/slides/slides-92-6lo-7.pdf

(or
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-6lo-7.pdf
for a bit more background information).

Grüße, Carsten

Name:		draft-bergmann-bier-ccast
Revision:	01
Title:		Constrained-Cast: Source-Routed Multicast for RPL
Document date:	2016-04-03
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergmann-bier-ccast-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bergmann-bier-ccast/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bergmann-bier-ccast-01
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bergmann-bier-ccast-01

Abstract:
   This specification defines a protocol for forwarding multicast
   traffic in a constrained node network employing the RPL routing
   protocol in non-storing mode.

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 11:24:40 -0300

Thanks Carsten,

> Note that we didn't ask for agenda time for "presenting" the draft;

In the agenda, we have these times slots to discuss about this:

- ROLL Charter discussion (10 min)
- Open Floor (5 min)

Cheers