Subject: [Roll] Distribution of Call for papers on the ROLL mailing list.

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 15:50:40 +0200

Hi all,

Ines and I think that the ROLL mailing list should be used for ROLL 
subjects such as discussions of drafts and ROLL related topics.
We do not think that the sending of CfP for conferences, workshops, or 
Journals, independent of their relevance or quality, is to be 
encouraged.

When you want to use the ROLL mailing list for the distribution of 
not-directly-ROLL-related information, please ask the permission of the 
co-chairs.
The probability that we will authorize the distribution is really low.

We think it is good policy, to impose this authorization rule, to reduce 
the amount of unwanted information received by the ROLL WG members

many thanks for your understanding,

Ines and Peter

-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy