Subject: [Roll] CFP EWSN 2017 Deadline 19 Sept 2016 Intl Conf Embedded Wireless Systems & Networks

From: Omprakash Gnawali <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:12:20 -0500

Dear all,

Please see below the Call for Papers for International Conference on
Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) 2017. We look forward to
your paper submissions.

- om_p

---

-*= International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks
(EWSN) =*-
    Uppsala, Sweden, February 20-22, 2017

http://www.ewsn2017.org/

*Call for Papers*

The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks
(EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference
focusing on premier research results at the intersection of embedded
systems and wireless networking - an area of highest relevance for
visionary technologies such as the Internet of Things and
Cyber-Physical Systems as well as applications such as Industry 4.0,
Smart Production, Smart Cities, and Connected Cars.

The featured topic of the 2017 edition of EWSN is dependability in
systems such as Cyber-Physical Systems, Internet of Things, industrial
wireless control networks, smart vehicles, and robots. We specifically
welcome contributions that aim at making these systems more reliable,
predictable, safe, and secure to enable critical applications that
require guaranteed performance. Topics not related to dependability
are equally welcome as long as they fall into scope of the conference,
as described below.

The conference solicits both full technical papers, and short papers
describing validated early ideas. As it happened for EWSN 2016, we
will be seeking collaboration with and support from ACM/SIGBED and
plan to make the proceedings appear in the ACM digital library. New
this year is that a specialized committee will select a subset of the
papers appearing at the conference to be fast-tracked to ACM
Transactions on Sensor Networks.

EWSN 2017 welcomes contributions describing original ideas, promising
new concepts, and practical experiences (experimental validation,
rebuttal, and/or comparison of existing approaches) in all relevant
areas of networked embedded systems such as Internet of Things,
Cyber-Physical Systems, and Wireless Sensor Networks and their
applications in domains such as Smart Cities, Industry 4.0 and Smart
Factories, Smart Cars, and Smart Health. Specific topics of interest
include but are not limited to:

Dependability (real-time, reliability, availability, safety, security)
Embedded wireless networking from physical to application layer
Wireless embedded computing platforms
Operating systems, middleware, and services
Programming paradigms, languages, and tools
Distributed and embedded computing for networked systems
Applications, deployment, management, and debugging
Sensing and actuation
Networked embedded sensing in robots and drones
Mobility, localization, tracking
Embedded data management and processing
Interaction with humans
Cloud, back-end integration, and analytics

Please ask the program chairs if you are uncertain if your topic fits.

*Submission instructions*

EWSN 2017 is a highly selective conference. We will only accept for
review original papers that have not been previously published and are
not currently under review by any other conference or journal. We will
adopt a double-blind review process, where the names of authors and
their affiliations are unknown to reviewers until the end of the
review process. We will also provide authors the possibility of a
rebuttal before final decisions are made.

Full paper submissions must have at least 8 and at most 12
pages. Short paper submissions must have at least 4 and at most 6
pages. Pages must have 8.5" x 11" (letter) two-column format, using
10-point type on 11-point leading, with a maximum text block of 7"
wide x 9" deep with an inter-column spacing of .25". The page limits
include figures, tables, and references.

Authors must make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions
such that the author identities are not disclosed to the
reviewers. Papers that do not meet the size, formatting, and
anonymization requirements may not be reviewed.

*Important dates*

Paper registration: September 12th, 2016
Paper submission: September 19th, 2016
Authors rebuttal deadline: November 19th, 2016
Notification: December 1st, 2016
Camera-ready: December 21st, 2016