Subject: [Roll] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select-01.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 11:23:00 +0200

Hi all,

The algorithm in this new draft has been simulated; and works well.
In some configurations the result is optimal (minimum number of 
forwarders chosen)
I Seoul I hope to present some results.

Peter

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select
Revision:	01
Title:		MPL Forwarder Select (MPLFS)
Document date:	2016-10-14
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select-01.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select-01
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-roll-mpl-forw-select-01

Abstract:
    This document describes a Forwarder Selection (MPLFS) protocol for
    the Multicast Protocol for Low-Power and lossy Networks (MPL) to
    reduce the density of forwarders such that the number of forwarded
    messages is reduced.  The protocol uses Trickle to distribute link-
    local information about the identity of the neighbours of the nodes
    that have MPL-enabled interfaces.  In the end-state all nodes are
    connected to a minimum number, N_DUPLICATE, of forwarders, where
    N_DUPLICATE is application dependent, and there is a path between any
    two forwarders.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat