Subject: [Roll] Last Call: <draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch-01.txt> (6LoWPAN Routing Header) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 10:22:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks WG (roll) to consider the following document:
- '6LoWPAN Routing Header'
  <draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification introduces a new 6LoWPAN dispatch type for use in
   6LoWPAN Route-Over topologies, that initially covers the needs of RPL
   (RFC6550) data packets compression.  Using this dispatch type, this
   specification defines a method to compress RPL Option (RFC6553)
   information and Routing Header type 3 (RFC6554), an efficient IP-in-
   IP technique and is extensible for more applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.