Subject: [Roll] Protocol Action: '6LoWPAN Routing Header' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:53:41 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- '6LoWPAN Routing Header'
  (draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy
networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch/

Technical Summary

   This specification introduces a new 6LoWPAN dispatch type for use in
   6LoWPAN Route-Over topologies, that initially covers the needs of RPL
   (RFC6550) data packets compression.  Using this dispatch type, this
   specification defines a method to compress RPL Option (RFC6553)
   information and Routing Header type 3 (RFC6554), an efficient IP-in-
   IP technique and is extensible for more applications.

Working Group Summary

   The document started life in 6lo as part of another document.  ROLL 
   WG members participated greatly during the initial work on the document,
   providing motivation for why the work was important.  Once the document was
   split up, this part returned to the ROLL WG for publication.  No concerns, the 
   document had good support.

Document Quality

   The document contains a generous introduction appropriate for a reader who is
   unfamiliar with the why.  There has been enough review, including from the 
   INT Directorate.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
   Responsible AD: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>