Subject: [Roll] CFP EWSN 2018 Deadline 11 Sept 2017 Intl Conf Embedded Wireless Systems & Networks - Madrid, Spain

From: "Enzo Mingozzi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:38:41 +0200

Dear all,

Please see below the Call for Papers for the International Conference on
Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) 2018. We look forward to your
paper submissions.

Best regards,
Enzo Mingozzi

------------------------------------------------------------------------
EWSN 2018, International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and
Networks
February 14-16, 2018, Madrid, Spain

https://ewsn2018.networks.imdea.org 

in-cooperation with ACM SIG on Embedded Systems
Best Paper Award sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee
on Simulation (TCSIM)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
*PAPER REGISTRATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER  6, 2017*
*FULL MANUSCRIPT DUE: SEPTEMBER 11, 2017*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks
(EWSN) is a highly selective single-track international conference focusing
on premier research results at the intersection of embedded systems and
wireless networking - an area of highest relevance for visionary
technologies such as the Internet of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems as
well as applications such as Industry 4.0, Smart Production, Smart Cities,
and Connected Cars.

The featured topic of the 2018 edition of EWSN is "Sustainable Embedded
Wireless Systems", with contributions that aim to contain the energy cost
and the carbon footprint of embedded wireless systems. This builds on top of
the successful EWSN 2016 and EWSN 2017 editions featuring the topic of
"Dependability". Sustainable embedded wireless systems will operate on top
of reliable, safe, and secure systems studied in past editions. Topics such
as energy-efficient wireless networking technologies and architectures,
backscatter communication, adaptation of embedded systems supplied by
variable renewable energy sources, wireless power transfer as well as
application of embedded wireless systems to increase the energy efficiency
of smart homes, smart buildings, and smart cities are welcome. Topics not
related to "Sustainable Embedded Wireless Systems" are equally welcome as
long as they fall into the scope of the conference, as described below. 

AWARDS AND EDITORIAL FOLLOW-UP
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papers presented at the Conference will be considered for a Best Paper
Award, sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on
Simulation (TCSIM). Papers of particular merit will be selected to be
fast-tracked to ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
------------------------------------------------------------------------
EWSN 2018 is a highly selective conference. We will only accept for review
original papers that have not been previously published and are 
not currently under review by any other conference or journal. The
conference solicits both full technical papers, and short papers 
describing validated early ideas. We will adopt a double-blind review
process, where the names of authors and their affiliations are unknown to
reviewers until the end of the review process. We will also provide authors
the possibility of a rebuttal before final decisions are made. Authors must
make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions such that the author
identities are not disclosed to the reviewers. You can find detailed
submission instructions at:
https://ewsn2018.networks.imdea.org/call-for-papers.html 

*Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to attend the
conference and present the paper. Accepted papers will be included in the
proceedings of EWSN 2018 and indexed in the ACM digital library*

IMPORTANT DATES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Paper registration:          September 6, 2017 
- Paper submission:           September 11, 2017 
- Authors rebuttal deadline:   November 13, 2017 
- Notification of acceptance:   December 1, 2017 

WORKSHOPS AND AFFILIATED EVENTS:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
EWSN 2018 will host the MadCom and RED-IOT workshops, and also feature a
sustainability competition, a poster and demo session, and one panel of
renowned experts on "Testbeds and trials for 5G deployments". Please visit
the conference website for further details.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL CHAIRS
Domenico Giustiniano, IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.
Dimitrios Koutsonikolas, University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA.

VICE GENERAL CHAIR
Albert Banchs, UC3M, Spain.

TPC CHAIRS
Enzo Mingozzi, University of Pisa, Italy.
Kaushik Roy Chowdhury, Northeastern University, USA.

WORKSHOP CHAIRS
David Malone, Hamilton Institute, Ireland.
Cristina Cano, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain.
Elias Tragos, NUI Galway, Ireland.
George Oikonomou, University of Bristol, UK.

POSTER & DEMO CHAIRS
Karin Anna Hummel, JKU Linz, Austria.
Andreas Reinhardt, TU Clausthal, Germany.

PANEL CHAIR
Valerio Frascolla, Intel, Germany.

COMPETITION CHAIRS
Carlo Boano, TU Graz, Austria.
Pablo Serrano, UC3M, Spain.
Markus Schuss, TU Graz, Austria.

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR
Paolo Casari, IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.

REGISTRATION CHAIR
Maurizio Rea, IMDEA Networks Institute, Spain.

PUBLICITY CHAIRS
Marco Cattani, TU Graz, Austria.
Asun Santamaría, UPM, Spain.
Zhi Sun, University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA.
Cong Wang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.

PUBLICATIONS CHAIR
Christian Renner, TUHH, Germany.

WEB CHAIR
Swetank Kumar Saha, University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA.

---

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:05:33 +0200

Dear users of this mailing list,

It is good practice to ask the WG chairs permission to distribute CFP 
for conferences and other manifestations.
That has not happened for this CFP.

We would have denied the permission, because we consider the 
distribution of CFP misuse of the mailing list.
Where will it end when everybody misuses this mailing list for his 
favored conference CFP.

So, urgent request:

DO NOT distribute CFP on this ML unless explicit authorization has been 
received from the co-chairs.

Peter

Enzo Mingozzi schreef op 2017-08-31 16:38:
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll