Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 02:47:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : No-Path DAO modifications
        Authors         : Rahul Arvind Jadhav
                          Rabi Narayan Sahoo
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-10-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the problems associated with the use of No-
   Path DAO messaging in RPL and a signaling changes to improve route
   invalidation efficiency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rahul Jadhav <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 22:20:30 +0530

Hello All,

This is regarding use of new RPL control message type for signaling
pro-active route invalidation.

During IETF99, it was suggested to NOT use existing NPDAO for such
pro-active cleanup, and instead use a new RPL control message code.

The reasoning was:

a.       Using a new message code would mean that the pro-active route
cleanup can be implemented incrementally, without any impact on existing
implementations.

b.      We anyways have a lot of unused RPL control message codes.

Thus instead of changing existing bits in the DAO message, we are adding a
new RPL message code (DCO – Destination Cleanup Object …. If anyone has a
better term pls suggest), which should be optional to implement.

Thanks,

Rahul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 October 2017 at 15:17
Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll