Subject: Re: [Roll] [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority-01.txt

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 18:43:14 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
    > A diff from the previous version is available at:
    > https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richardson-6tisch-roll-enrollment-priority-01

There is little change.
I resubmitted simply because it expired.

It is still intended to be considered for WG adoption in ROLL.

There may be other methods to calculate the proxy priority provided for in
draft-ietf-6tisch-enrollment-enhanced-beacon.
(and certainly in non-RPL networks there would be need to be another mechanism)

The intention again, in this draft, is just to provide a DIO-level mesh-wide
announcement of management intention for a minimum.

In a multi-LLN/multi-PANID situation where there are multiple acceptable
DODAGs that a new pledge could join (under the same management),  it would be
possible to shift preference among the different PANIDs using this mechanism.

AFAIK, the WG has not yet started a WG adoption call.
(Alternatively, 6tisch could instead adopt this, consulting on with ROLL for
IETF Review, as the allocation rules for Control Message Options specify in
6550 section 20.4)

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-