Subject: [Roll] Adam Roach's No Objection on draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-25: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 21:27:25 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-25: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who worked on this document. I have only one minor comment.

I'm a bit perplexed by the interplay between sections 3.1 and 3.3.

Section 3.1 says:

>  This change creates a flag day for existing networks which are
>  currently using 0x63 as the RPI value.

And then section 3.3 says:

>  In order to avoid a Flag Day caused by lack of interoperation between
>  new RPI (0x23) and old RPI (0x63) nodes, this section defines a flag
>  in the DIO Configuration Option...

Which leaves me wondering whether the net effect of this document does or does
not create a flag day for networks. Please consider updating these sections to
be consistent with each other.