Subject: [Roll] I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 02:37:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Common Ancestor Objective Functions and Parent Set DAG Metric Container Extension
        Authors         : Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis
                          Georgios Papadopoulos
                          Nicolas Montavont
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   Implementing Packet Replication and Elimination from / to the RPL
   root requires the ability to forward copies of packets over different
   paths via different RPL parents.  Selecting the appropriate parents
   to achieve ultra-low latency and jitter requires information about a
   node's parents.  This document details what information needs to be
   transmitted and how it is encoded within a packet to enable this
   functionality.  This document also describes Objective Functions
   which take advantage of this information to implement multi-path
   routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Remous-Aris Koutsiamanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 11:52:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I have just submitted a new version of draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension
(draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension-04) which follows the general recommendation
from all the reviewers of our draft: Explicitly specify the OFs to use with
the proposed PS NSA extension.
While there were examples in the previous version of how an OF would
roughly work, in this newer version there is an explicit description.

We wanted to specify OFs which basically work like MRHOF does for the
(normal) preferred parent, but which additionally does alternative parent
selection.
To minimize the extent of the description, we have chosen to "extend" MRHOF
by describing what is done the same and what is changed compared to MRHOF.
We take each section in the description of MRHOF and we describe the
changes or lack thereof.

I'm not sure if this method of extending existing behavior is helpful, so I
would really appreciate some feedback on this.

Kind regards,
Aris

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:38 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>