Subject: [Roll] Protocol Action: 'Efficient Route Invalidation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 14:32:06 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Efficient Route Invalidation'
  (draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-efficient-npdao/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the problems associated with No-Path
   Destination Advertisement Object (NPDAO) messaging used in Routing
   Protocol for Low power and lossy networks (RPL) for route
   invalidation and signaling changes to improve route invalidation
   efficiency.

Working Group Summary

   The WG process moved along without issues.

Document Quality

   A pilot is implemented for a smart meter based solution which is 
   deployed with Huawei's Enterprise Access Router (AR-series). 

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is Peter van der Stok.
   Responsible Area Director is Alvaro Retana.