Subject: [Roll] Summary of ROLL meeting

From: Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:46:17 -0400

Hi ROLL,

Our summary of ROLL meeting is shown below,

Ines and Peter 
draft-ietf-roll-dao-projection:  

Good progress on the draft that has become stable. Open issues are going
to be addressed . Pascal will suggest additions that have to be
discussed in ML. Draft depends on Mop-ext draft. 
draft-ietf-roll-unaware-leaves: 

Reviews on this draft are needed, Decision not to include MPL and
Trickle consequences. 
draft-ietf-roll-nsa-extension :  

This draft is pretty stable and no issues are known. Implementation is
deployed. WGLC to be started after a couple of reviews. 

draft-rahul-roll-mop-ext: 

Draft will keep both MOP and CAP subjects, use cases depend on both
aspects. Dao-projection depends on this draft. Proposal for adoption is
accepted. 
Draft-thubert-roll-turnon-rfc8138: 

No decision on this draft. For Peter, scope, purpose and relation to
existing decision algorithms need to be clarified. 
Discussion on ROLL-BIER: 

After several discussions the interests of the authors have become much
clearer. Due to changes in priorities the Design  Team is dissolved with
thanks to Toerless. The multicast draft by Carsten needs to place itself
with respect to the Bier Roll protocols envisaged by Pascal. 
Charter: 

The aim is not to change the charter and steer with milestones. 
-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy
mailto: [email-masked], [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org [1]
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248 

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vanderstok.org