Subject: [rtcweb] Two more reqs

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:56:24 +0200

All,

I'm in the process of making a slight update of the use-case&req 
document (I will include the list of "Considerations applicable to all 
scenarios" Harald suggested that seem to be uncontroversial).

I would in the same update like to add to the "multiparty without a 
server" use-case a sentence saying something like:

"The application highlights the video window of the current speaker",

and derive two new requirements:

Fn: The browser MUST be able to determine the level of activity in audio 
streams.

An: The Web API MUST provide means for informing the application about 
the level of activity in audio streams.

My motivation is of course that user indication in multiparty sessions 
is something you would like to see, but allowing the application to 
monitor the levels of audio signals can also be useful for adjusting 
levels, for telling people that they generate a lot of noise etc.

Stefan