Subject: [rtcweb] #11: Security vs. Security-Arch

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:03:54 -0000

#11: Security vs. Security-Arch

 At various points within the Security Architecture document, I had a
 feeling of deju vu, encountering material that was also in the Security
 doc.  The overlap made me wonder if we should either move some material
 from Arch to Security, or whether we couldn't live with a single doc
 instead of two.

 Abstract

 All but the last sentence of the abstract is identical to that of the
 Security document.  Would it make some sense to shorten the abstract?
 Also, references aren't allowed in abstracts.

 Section 1

 The first paragraph duplicates material from the abstract as well as
 Section 1 of the Security doc, and figure 1 is also included in both docs.
 However, the security doc doesn't discuss the multidomain case.  Would it
 make sense to move material from Section 1 of this document to the
 security doc?  If this were done, would we still need Section 1 in this
 doc?

 Section 5.2

 This section, with its requirements on APIs, seemed similar in spirit to
 Section 4.1 of the Security doc.

 Section 5.4

 Material in this section (such as the discussion of ToR) seems like it
 might better belong in Section 4.2.4 of the Security doc.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  security-arch            |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/11>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>