Subject: [rtcweb] #8: Section 4.3.1: PFS

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:14:05 -0000

#8: Section 4.3.1: PFS

 It is this consideration that makes an
    automatic, public key-based key exchange mechanism imperative for
    RTC-Web (this is a good idea for any communications security system)
    and this mechanism SHOULD provide perfect forward secrecy (PFS).

 [BA] Do we mean "SHOULD support" PFS or "SHOULD use"?  I don't believe
 that DTLS/SRTP-EKT provides PFS.  Also, is there any implication that the
 user should be able to somehow influence whether PFS is required or not?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  security                 |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/8>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>