Subject: [rtcweb] Detailed test results for our VP8 to H.264 comparisions

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:21:17 +0100

As part of the effort to make sure people have the maximum amount of
information wrt the choice of MTI codec for RTCWEB, we've made the scripts,
source files and results for our quality measurements available on the WEBM
project website.

The 4 documents of interest are:

- The PSNR quality measurements:
http://downloads.webmproject.org/ietf_tests/vp8_vs_h264_quality.html

- The CPU usage for encode/decode:
http://downloads.webmproject.org/ietf_tests/vp8_vs_h264_speed.html

- The scripts used for generating the graphs:
http://downloads.webmproject.org/ietf_tests/vp8_vs_h264.tar.xz

- A text presentation of the CPU results:
http://downloads.webmproject.org/ietf_tests/vp8vsh264-decodetime.txt

The source videos in YUV format are also available from the same site.

The scripts file contains a README file; if you want to verify the results,
or understand how the results were arrived at, please follow the
instructions in this file.

Harald, for the WEBM team