Subject: [rtcweb] #14: Section 4.4: Multiplexing of RTP session over a single UDP flow

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:13:24 -0000

#14: Section 4.4: Multiplexing of RTP session over a single UDP flow

 Support for multiple RTP sessions over a single UDP flow as defined
    by [I-D.westerlund-avtcore-transport-multiplexing] is RECOMMENDED/
    OPTIONAL.  If multiple RTP sessions are to be multiplexed onto a
    single UDP flow, this MUST be negotiated during the signalling phase.

       (tbd: No consensus on the level of support of Multiple RTP
       sessions over a single UDP flow.)

    Further discussion about when different RTP session structures and
    multiplexing methods are suitable can be found in the memo on
    Guidelines for using the Multiplexing Features of RTP
    [I-D.westerlund-avtcore-multiplex-architecture].

 [BA] I would suggest that both of these paragraphs be removed. Leaving a
 normative references to an individual submission that seems unlikely to be
 advanced to WG work item status soon could delay the document.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/14>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>