Subject: [rtcweb] WG last call comments on use-case and requirement document, “No solution defined”

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:04:13 +0200

This relates to the comments to the WG last call of the use-cases and 
requirements document [1].

The topic in this mail is the feedback that for some use-cases and 
requirements no solution has been defined yet. This was brought up in 
[2], with responses in [3] and [4].

My thinking here is that the bulk of this document was developed a long 
time ago when this effort started out. The use-cases, and derived 
requirements, reflect what was considered important at that time.

We basically have two options here: either we publish that document, 
including use-cases/requirements that we have not developed solutions to 
yet, early (knowing we may not meet all use-cases/requirements), or we 
go for a later publication where we update the document to reflect what 
we have actually designed.

My preference would be to go for the early publication, and to use this 
document later in the process to see what requirements we do meet, and 
what requirements we don’t meet. (This is basically my proposal for use 
of this document, referring again to Bernard’s mail on 2119 language [5]).

Stefan

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06136.html

[2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06180.html
[3] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06187.html
[4] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06200.html
[5] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtcweb/current/msg06181.html