Subject: [rtcweb] #16: Section 5.1.6

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:25:25 -0000

#16: Section 5.1.6

 WebRTC senders
    are REQUIRED to implement support for TMMBR messages, and MUST follow
    bandwidth limitations set by a TMMBR message received for their SSRC.
    The sending of TMMBR requests is OPTIONAL.

 [BA] I realize I'm opening a can of worms here, but what does it mean to
 "follow bandwidth limitations set by a TMMBR message"?  Is this mandating
 support for a receiver-side congestion control mechanism? Or is it
 considered more like advice from the receiver on average bandwidth
 availability over some time period (e.g. averaged over I and P frames)?
 Or is this a maximum simultaneous bw limitation?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/16>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>