Subject: [rtcweb] #17: Section 6.1: Support for NACK

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 01:32:25 -0000

#17: Section 6.1: Support for NACK

 Senders are REQUIRED to understand the Generic NACK message defined
    in Section 6.2.1 of [RFC4585], but MAY choose to ignore this feedback
    (following Section 4.2 of [RFC4585]).

 [BA] What does it mean to "understand" the generic NACK message? Are we
 only asking that an implementation not crash if it receives such a
 message?  Or does this mean that support for NACK needs to be declared in
 "rtcp-fb" attributes? If an implementation can "understand" NACK, and
 declare support in SDP but then ignore the feedback, what does this
 achieve?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/17>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>