Subject: [rtcweb] Coding for rtcweb

From: Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 19:21:16 +0200

Dear all,

I attended the meeting in Orlando and heard about your activities. I was 
highly motivated to follow this activity closer and plan to attend again 
in Berlin.

In our research group we are interested in P2P in combination with 
coding, namely network coding. I scanned the documents but could not 
find anything related yet. We have a network coding library and plan to 
integrate it to webrtc. We plan to have a running system in autumn for 
the Vancouver meeting.

Are there any other people in this group that look into similar directions?

Looking forward to start a discussion here or in Berlin.

FF

-- 
Professor Dr.-Ing. Frank H.P. Fitzek
Aalborg University Head of Future Visions and Mobile Devices
Niels Jernes Vej 12, room A3 208 DK-9220 Aalborg Denmark
Phone:+49 173 54 829 47 or +45 9940 8678 Fax:+45 9815 1583
email:[email-masked] web:www.fitzek.net

---

From: Jonathan DETCHART <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:39:39 +0200

Hi Frank,

Glad to see ISAE is not the only company which wants to combine network 
coding and webrtc.
As I said in Orlando, we integrated our network coding library (Tetrys) 
inside both VLC RTC modules.
We just encapsulate RTP packets inside Tetrys packets (application 
layer) at the sender, and do the reverse operation at the receivers.

We also work on the integration of NC in webrtc.
We saw that webrtc already integrates a FEC mechanism (you can find the 
sources in the rtp_rtcp module). We would like to estimate if NC could 
improve webrtc performance.

We will attend Berlin meeting and we'll be happy to discuss with you 
about our proposal to assess whether it is possible to converge towards 
compilant implementations.

So, we will be happy to participate to the discussion in Berlin.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Le 28/05/2013 19:21, Frank Fitzek a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I attended the meeting in Orlando and heard about your activities. I 
> was highly motivated to follow this activity closer and plan to attend 
> again in Berlin.
>
> find anything related yet. We have a network coding library and plan 
> to integrate it to webrtc. We plan to have a running system in autumn 
> for the Vancouver meeting.
>

---

From: Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:08:13 +0200

Jonathan,

great so lets sit down and see how we can collaborate on this. Let us 
know when you are in Berlin as we are there for the whole period. We can 
sit down with Morten and see how to work towards real time support.

Should we aim to present something at the rtcweb meeting to the group to 
talk about the coding potential?

In the end it is all about running code.

All the best and see you in Berlin

FF

On 05/29/2013 11:39 AM, Jonathan DETCHART wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Glad to see ISAE is not the only company which wants to combine 
> network coding and webrtc.
> As I said in Orlando, we integrated our network coding library 
> (Tetrys) inside both VLC RTC modules.
> We saw that webrtc already integrates a FEC mechanism (you can find 
> the sources in the rtp_rtcp module). We would like to estimate if NC 
> could improve webrtc performance.
>
> about our proposal to assess whether it is possible to converge 
> towards compilant implementations.
>
>> was highly motivated to follow this activity closer and plan to 
>> attend again in Berlin.
>>

---

From: DETCHART Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:33:19 +0200

Sure ! I will also be in Berlin for the whole periode.
I will come with my colleague Emmanuel Lochin.

We can make a common presentation about the network coding and its 
potential benefits on webrtc.
Or we can just do a small meeting between us, see how we could organize 
the work and show a demo for the next IETF meeting in Vancouver.

It's up to you.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Le 29.05.2013 21:08, Frank Fitzek a écrit :
> know when you are in Berlin as we are there for the whole period. We
> can sit down with Morten and see how to work towards real time
> support.
>
> Should we aim to present something at the rtcweb meeting to the group
> to talk about the coding potential?
>
>>> I attended the meeting in Orlando and heard about your activities. 
>>> I was highly motivated to follow this activity closer and plan to 
>>> attend again in Berlin.
>>>

---

From: Frank Fitzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 16:46:19 +0200

> I will come with my colleague Emmanuel Lochin.
Great so lets arrange for some meetings, I have office space here as 
well. I bring some of my colleagues too.
> potential benefits on webrtc.
That would be awesome.
> Or we can just do a small meeting between us, see how we could 
> organize the work and show a demo for the next IETF meeting in Vancouver.
>
Maybe a motivation talk in Berlin and demo in Vancouver.

>>>> coding, namely network coding. I scanned the documents but could 
>>>> not find anything related yet. We have a network coding library and 
>>>> plan to integrate it to webrtc. We plan to have a running system in 
>>>> autumn for the Vancouver meeting.
>>>>