Subject: [rtcweb] #24: Section 17.1 Normative reference to draft-westerlund-avtcore-transport-multiplexing

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 22:33:55 -0000

#24: Section 17.1 Normative reference to draft-westerlund-avtcore-transport-
multiplexing

 From Section 4.4:

 "One way of doing this is described in [I-D.westerlund-avtcore-transport-
 multiplexing].  At the time of this writing, there is no consensus to use
 a shim-based approach in WebRTC implementations."

 [BA] Given that draft-westerlund-avtcore-transport-multiplexing doesn't
 have consensus, and is still an individual submission, including a
 normative reference to it in Section 17.1 doesn't make sense.  The
 reference should be informative (if it is needed at all).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                  |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/24>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:47:56 +0200

>  reference should be informative (if it is needed at all).

Yes, this will be addressed in the update that we currently are working on.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------