Subject: [rtcweb] Comment on draft-ietf-rtcweb-use-cases-and-requirements

From: David Hancock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:57:33 +0000

A comment on the WebRTC use-case draft related to media sources...

Requirement F1 says local mic/cameras can be used as media sources.

    "F1      The browser must be able to use microphones and
        cameras as input devices to generate streams."

I've been told that a media source can also be an incoming media stream
from a peer, for example, where Browser-B relays media received from
Browser-A to Browser-C, like thisŠ

    +---+    +---+    +---+
    | A |--->| B |--->| C |
    +---+    +---+    +---+

Likewise with the data channel ‹ a WebRTC browser should be able to relay
data-channel data from one browser to another.

I think this is a useful capability, but I don't see it stated anywhere in
the use-case document.

I suggest we add a requirement covering this. Here's some proposed text...

    "Fx The browser must be able to relay incoming media or data streams
to a peer."

Thanks
David Hancock