Subject: [rtcweb] #29: Section 12.2 Multiple Sources

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:28:05 -0000

#29: Section 12.2 Multiple Sources

 tbd: there needs to be a way of indicating how RTP stream relate when
    there are multiple sources, possibly with simulcast or layered
    coding, and different types of mixer or other middlebox.  It is
    possible that the various BUNDLE/Plan-X proposals will solve this,
    but it might also need RTP-level stream identification.  To be
    resolved once the outcome of the BUNDLE and plan-X discussions is
    known.

 [BA] Suggest that the application token extension be considered as a
 potential solution to this.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                 |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/29>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>

---

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:29:31 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 tbd: Are any mechanism needed to signal limitations in the number of
    active SSRC that an end-point can handle?

 [BA] I'd suggest that "signal limitations in the number of active SSRC"
 not be an objective.

 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/29#comment:1>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:44:54 +0200

>  potential solution to this.

Yes, it is one potential solution. From my perspective the goal must be
to resolve the use cases discussed in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-srcname/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 06:55:58 -0000

[Magnus Westerlund]

 Yes, it is one potential solution. From my perspective the goal must be
 to resolve the use cases discussed in
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-avtext-rtcp-sdes-
 srcname/

 [BA] Section 3 of the above document is relevant, certainly.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/29#comment:2>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>