Subject: [rtcweb] #28: Section 11: Track

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:22:19 -0000

#28: Section 11: Track

 A track is an
    individual stream of media from any type of media source like a
    microphone or a camera, but also conceptual sources, like a audio
    mix or a video composition, are possible.

 [BA] This doesn't seem quite right, if by "individual stream of media"
 you mean RTP Media Stream as defined in Section 3, since a track can be
 comprised of one or more channels.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rtp-usage                |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/28>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:37:42 +0200

>  comprised of one or more channels.

A media source according to the above can be multi-channel audio mix or
capture. The point is that a track is an independent media with an
time-line.

However, this comment do point towards two open issues around this.

First, the use of terminology that should be aligned and help contribute
to the taxonomy draft discussion.

Secondly, that we need to take a serious look at the mapping between the
API and the RTP level. As noted by the TBD in section 11:

   (tbd: This text needs to be improved and achieved consensus on.
   Interim meeting in June 2012 shows large differences in opinions.)

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "rtcweb issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 06:57:31 -0000

#28: Section 11: Track

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 [Magnus Westerlund]

 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/trac/ticket/28#comment:1>
rtcweb <http://tools.ietf.org/rtcweb/>