Subject: [rtcweb] Additional identifiers for the Stats API from an XRBLOCK perspective

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 11:27:30 -0500

Hi all,

In the XRBLOCK WG, we have been discussing on how we can aid
in meeting the goals of the requirement:

   F38   The browser must be able to collect statistics, related to the
         transport of audio and video between peers, needed to estimate
         quality of experience.

We have recently (a bit before Berlin IETF) published a draft discussing
the metrics that could help the receiver monitor the incoming media stream
better. These are discussed in:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huang-xrblock-rtcweb-rtcp-xr-metrics

Following Berlin, we've formalized the input as a proposal to extend
the stats registry. The following draft lists the additional metrics:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-xrblock-webrtc-additional-stats

Comments and suggestions for improvements are appreciated.

Lastly, both the drafts will be discussed in the XRBLOCK WG in the
upcoming meeting in Vancouver.

Cheers,
Varun

-- 
http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun/