Subject: [rtcweb] Definition of "webrtc-datachannel" protocol?

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:14:03 -0700

Maybe I just missed this, but which draft defines the "webrtc-datachannel"
string that is placed into the a=sctpmap line?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-05 refers to it, but
I can't find where it's actually defined/registered.

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:35:20 +0200

On Oct 22, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Justin Uberti <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Maybe I just missed this, but which draft defines the "webrtc-datachannel" string that is placed into the a=sctpmap line?
> 
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-05 refers to it, but I can't find where it's actually defined/registered.
Should it be defined in draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-05, since it is used in SDP?

Best regards
Michael
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:38:00 +0000

it can go either in it can go directly in draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel
or in the draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp-05 as 

at the end is just a matter of registering a
application sub media type for draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel

I people don't disagree I will insert in the draft-ietf-mmusic-sctp-sdp 
and I will submit a new version as soon as the submission re-open

br
Salvatore