Subject: [rtcweb] Adhoc meeting on RTP to API Mapping

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:05:47 -0800

WG,

I invite anyone interested to participate Today (Wednesday) at 15.50 in
an adhoc discussion around the RTP to Media Stream API mapping.

Lets meet at 15.50 at the level 2 bar. If we are to many to fit we will
have to find some other spot. I appreciate a heads up through a private
email that you intended to participate.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 21:50:59 +0100

> an adhoc discussion around the RTP to Media Stream API mapping.
Which parts of which documents do you want to focus discussion on?

The subject line isn't clear enough that I'm sure what you want to talk
about.

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb

-- 
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:26:32 -0800

> The subject line isn't clear enough that I'm sure what you want to talk

This is the followup on the open issue in the RTP usage draft. How does
the RTP level entities such as SSRCs and CNAME relate to the W3C
MediaStream API.

/Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Dan Burnett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:43:05 -0800

This is a great idea, but can we do it during the ops plenary rather than during STIR? (sending to the list so other interested parties can chime in on timing).

-- dan

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 14:53:44 -0800

Works for me

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013, Dan Burnett wrote:

> This is a great idea, but can we do it during the ops plenary rather than
> during STIR? (sending to the list so other interested parties can chime in
> on timing).
>
>
> -- dan
>
> On Nov 6, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Magnus Westerlund <
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >>> SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]<javascript:;>
> >>> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> > SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]<javascript:;>
> > [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:00:08 -0800

> This is a great idea, but can we do it during the ops plenary rather than during STIR? (sending to the list so other interested parties can chime in on timing).

I think that you reduce utility by competing with STIR.  I don't have
strong feelings about the ops plenary, but understand if others do.

At risk of reducing the entertainment planned for tomorrow, is there
any chance that we might recover some time from the codec bickering to
do some productive work?

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:07:11 -0800

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Martin ThomsonI think that you reduce
utility by competing with STIR.  I don't have

> s

We already have rtp-transports as the overflow topic if the codec
discussion moves quickly.

regards,

Ted Hardie

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:08:59 -0800

On 6 November 2013 15:07, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]> wrote:
> We already have rtp-transports as the overflow topic if the codec discussion
> moves quickly.

Fair point, though I don't see any materials.  Is there an issue with
the draft that needs resolution?

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:23:12 -0800

On 2013-11-06 14:43, Dan Burnett wrote:
> This is a great idea, but can we do it during the ops plenary rather
> than during STIR? (sending to the list so other interested parties
> can chime in on timing).

Okay, I am willing to move this to 1740. If anyone has serious issue
with moving it howl. Same meeting place.

/Magnus

>>>> I invite anyone interested to participate Today (Wednesday) at
>>>> 15.50 in an adhoc discussion around the RTP to Media Stream API
>>>> mapping.
>>> The subject line isn't clear enough that I'm sure what you want
>>> to talk about.
>> 
>> This is the followup on the open issue in the RTP usage draft. How
>> does the RTP level entities such as SSRCs and CNAME relate to the
>> W3C MediaStream API.
>> 
>> /Magnus
>> 
>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Lets meet at 15.50 at the level 2 bar. If we are to many to fit
>>>> we will have to find some other spot. I appreciate a heads up
>>>> through a private email that you intended to participate.
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers
>>>> 
>>>> Magnus Westerlund
>>>> 
>>>> Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079 SE-164 80
>>>> Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked] 
>>>> rtcweb mailing list [email-masked] 
>> Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079 SE-164 80
>> Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked] 
>> rtcweb mailing list [email-masked] 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 15:28:58 -0800

> with moving it howl. Same meeting place.

I'd prefer to avoid a conflict with the plenary (or, at least, with the main body of the plenary...)

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:32:36 -0800

> with moving it howl. Same meeting place.

How long do you expect this to take? I have something else I need to do 
during the plenary, but might be able to speare 15 to 20 minutes.

/a

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:33:59 -0800

> I'd prefer to avoid a conflict with the plenary (or, at least, with the main body of the plenary...)

Could we do 1720 - 1740?

/a

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:06:58 -0800

I am sitting in the bar now. People can show up early to get more
background. The rest show up 17.20, and we will deal with as much as is
possible. But, I think all this takes more than 20 minutes.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund