Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 05:27:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP
	Author(s)       : Colin Perkins
                          Magnus Westerlund
                          Joerg Ott
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-11.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-12-16

Abstract:
   The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) framework provides support
   for direct interactive rich communication using audio, video, text,
   collaboration, games, etc. between two peers' web-browsers.  This
   memo describes the media transport aspects of the WebRTC framework.
   It specifies how the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in
   the WebRTC context, and gives requirements for which RTP features,
   profiles, and extensions need to be supported.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:35:32 +0100

WG,

This is an update of the RTP usage draft to address in text the outcome
of the discussions in Vancouver.

The main points addressed in this are:

- Handling multiple synchronization contexts (CNAMES)
- API mapping: Note that this is based on the current working drafts.
There are proposals in W3C to remove the MediaStream concept. If that
occurs that will have some impact on this text. Thus this will need to
be monitored and addressed if this change are accepted.
- Forwarding of MediaStreamTracks from one PeerConnection into the Next
are now discussed, and the need to be able to handle that as a
MediaSource, i.e. be capable of transcoding the media to suit outgoing
requirements, including bit-rate adaptation.

The significant remaining issue is simulcast. We will send a separate
email to discuss this issue.

We would appreciate reviews of the draft.

Cheers

Magnus

On 2013-12-16 14:27, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------