Subject: [rtcweb] Straw poll

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:18:11 -0800

The chairs and ADs have each discussed the straw poll discussion to date,
and we appreciate the points that have been raised.  We understand the
concern that this process will be treated as vote after the fact, rather
than as input to a consensus process.  We strongly re-affirm, however, that
it is our intent to use this a method to identify questions that can be put
to the working group for normal consensus processing, rather than using
this as a way to skip that processing.   We are also aware that this is
taking time and energy from the WG that might be spent elsewhere.  To
improve that balance, we encourage folks to spend energy on those other
matters as well, and we have solicited a number of reviews to kick off
specific discussions.  We will continue to look for those reviews, and
volunteers to review the other work of the working group will be welcome.

So, while we understand the drawbacks, at this point we believe it is best
to run the straw poll to completion.  We are gathering data useful to the
working group, and we hope we can use that to better the WebRTC ecosystem
moving forward.

The Chairs