Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 05:47:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : WebRTC Data Channels
        Authors         : Randell Jesup
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Michael Tuexen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-07.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-02-11

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers working group is charged
   to provide protocol support for direct interactive rich communication
   using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-browsers.  This
   document specifies the non-media data transport aspects of the WebRTC
   framework.  It provides an architectural overview of how the Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) is used in the WebRTC context as
   a generic transport service allowing WEB-browsers to exchange generic
   data from peer to peer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Lijing (Jessie)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:45:22 +0000

Hi,

One question about the implementation of data channel.

Section 4 says:
   Req. 4:   The application SHOULD be able to provide guidance as to
             the relative priority of each data channel relative to each
             other, and relative to the media streams.  This will
             interact with the congestion control algorithms.

It seems that for now there is no W3C API parameters to set the priority of data channel. I wonder if the priority of the data channel isn't open to the application and is decided by the browser. 
So I want to know how the application be able to provide guidance as to the priority.

Best Regards,

Jessie