Subject: [rtcweb] Updated Potential dates for WebRTC/RTCWEB joint Interim

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:46:29 +0100

WG,

We have received some feedback on the dates. After having done some
checking we propose to shift the interim meeting one day earlier to
reduce the overlap with the 3GPP meeting. Thus, the proposed dates for
the interim is 19-21 of May (Mon-Wed).

If you are willing to host, please contact the WG chairs.

Cheers

Magnus, Ted and Cullen

On 2014-01-29 08:59, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> WG,
> 
> The chairs of this WG and the W3C are considering an joint interim
> meeting. The dates we chairs have arrived as feasible are May 20-22
> (Tue-Thu). We are considering to split up the time between the two WGs
> across all three days. So please take note of these dates in your
> calendar now.
> 
> The target region for this interim would be East Coast of North America,
> but we have at this stage no host or set location. If you are willing to
> host, please contact the chairs.
> 
> We haven't decided on this interim yet, and appreciate your input into
> holding one. The goals of the interim would be to advanced the state of
> the core documents we need to finish up. We expect that we will have
> some document that may have WG last call issues needing face to face
> time to speed up resolving them. We expect to have documents that are
> under development, like JSEP that will have thorny issues to deal with.
> Especially issues that interact with the API where we can benefit from
> having the W3C WG also present to come to joint conclusions.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Magnus Westerlund
> (For the RTCWEB Chairs)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
> Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
> SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
> 
> 

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 19:26:40 +0000

Hi Chairs,

Thank You very much for the shift! I appreciate very much that you took the 3GPP meeting in consideration when planning the meeting.

Regards,

Christer

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: rtcweb [mailto:[email-masked]] Puolesta Magnus Westerlund
Lähetetty: 13. helmikuuta 2014 18:46
Vastaanottaja: [email-masked]
Aihe: [rtcweb] Updated Potential dates for WebRTC/RTCWEB joint Interim

WG,

We have received some feedback on the dates. After having done some checking we propose to shift the interim meeting one day earlier to reduce the overlap with the 3GPP meeting. Thus, the proposed dates for the interim is 19-21 of May (Mon-Wed).

Cheers

Magnus, Ted and Cullen

On 2014-01-29 08:59, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> The target region for this interim would be East Coast of North 
> America, but we have at this stage no host or set location. If you are 
> willing to host, please contact the chairs.
> 
> holding one. The goals of the interim would be to advanced the state 
> of the core documents we need to finish up. We expect that we will 
> have some document that may have WG last call issues needing face to 
> face time to speed up resolving them. We expect to have documents that 
> are under development, like JSEP that will have thorny issues to deal with.

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:46:55 -0600

Are there plans to discuss any of the documents that are dependencies in
the MMUSIC WG at this meeting?  As I'm recalling, the initial agenda for
the last interim had a number of MMUSIC WG documents, thus there was an
agenda change to also organize part of the meeting as an MMUSIC WG interim.

Thanks,
Mary.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:19:15 +0100

> agenda change to also organize part of the meeting as an MMUSIC WG

At this stage this is an RTCWEB/WEBRTC interim only. This WG part of the
time we intended to focus on resolving any open issues with the WG's
documents.

We have asked the MMUSIC chairs about the interim meeting, which at the
time we asked declined interest in a co-located interim meeting.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:34:32 -0600

Thanks!