Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:16:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : WebRTC Data Channel Protocol
        Authors         : Randell Jesup
                          Salvatore Loreto
                          Michael Tuexen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-09

Abstract:
   The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) working group is charged to
   provide protocols to support for direct interactive rich
   communication using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-
   browsers.  This document specifies a simple protocol for establishing
   symmetric data channels between the peers.  It uses a two way
   handshake and allows sending of user data without waiting for the
   handshake to complete.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:07:55 +1100

Protocol looks good.

One small point - the title of this protocol is "WebRTC Data Channel
Protocol" but the Abstract says "*This document specifies a simple protocol
for establishing symmetric data channels between the peers.*"  This could
cause confusion between what is a Data Channel Protocol and what is an
Establishing protocol.

It appears that the title of this protocol should be "WebRTC Data
Channel *Establishment
*Protocol" in order to avoid future confusion as to its purpose.

/Barry Dingle
Australia

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:16 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:11:53 +0100

On Feb 10, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Barry Dingle <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Protocol looks good. 
> 
> One small point - the title of this protocol is "WebRTC Data Channel Protocol" but the Abstract says "This document specifies a simple protocol for establishing symmetric data channels between the peers."  This could cause confusion between what is a Data Channel Protocol and what is an Establishing protocol. 
> 
> It appears that the title of this protocol should be "WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol" in order to avoid future confusion as to its purpose. 
You are right, the protocol is just for establishing data channels.
Other opinions regarding the name change?

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:52:58 +0000

I think is a good suggestion

/Salvatore