Subject: [rtcweb] HTTP POST for IdP

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 09:28:51 +0000

As discussed in the meeting, I've put together a proposal for handling
IdP interactions using HTTP POST.

This adds a direct translation of the exchanges that are sent over the
Message Channel to JSON over HTTP POST.  This allows servers or
non-browser applications to use the IdP.

More details:
 - the "id" and "origin" parameters are only used for the MessageChannel mapping
   - for "id", HTTP provides adequate request-response correlation
   - for "origin", the HTTP Origin header should suffice
 - there is a new field added to the identity assertion that
identifies the supported interaction models: "proxy", "http" or both,
included in an array
    - on this point, we should discuss in the W3C whether we will add
this parameter to setIdentityProvider
 - there are some structural changes required to make this flow properly
 - I've referenced the new JSON RFC

Actual change request:
https://github.com/ekr/ietf-drafts/pull/14/files