Subject: [rtcweb] draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage: Signalling requirement

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:31:07 -0400

Hi,

Based on today's discussion regarding signalling requirements and
Cullen's motivation for why he like to have signalling mandated to
follow I have drafted a text proposal:

So this is the text for Section 10:

   RTP Extensions:  The use of any additional RTP header extensions and
      RTCP packet types, including any necessary parameters, MUST be
      signalled.  This signalling is to ensure that a WebRTC endpoint's
      behaviour when it comes to usage, especially sending, of any
      extensions are predictable and consistent.  For robustness, and
      for compatibility with non-WebRTC systems that might be connected
      to a WebRTC session via a gateway, implementations are REQUIRED to
      ignore unknown RTCP packets and RTP header extensions (see also
      Section 4.1).

So please consider this and comment if this is acceptable or you see an
issue with it.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------