Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-08.txt> (WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:46:09 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'WebRTC Data Channel Establishment Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The WebRTC framework specifies protocol support for direct
   interactive rich communication using audio, video, and data between
   two peers' web-browsers.  This document specifies a simple protocol
   for establishing symmetric Data Channels between the peers.  It uses
   a two way handshake and allows sending of user data without waiting
   for the handshake to complete.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-protocol/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.