Subject: [rtcweb] Rules for RTCMediaDiscardedEvent

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 08:32:07 -0800

Martin submitted a pull request for RTCMediaDiscardedEvent (see
https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/29),  which is to be fired to
indicate reception of  “packets having an unknown SSRC, payload type, or
any other error that makes it impossible to attribute an RTP packet to a
specific MediaStreamTrack."

I remember us discussing the rules for when such an error would occur, but
can't seem to find the text in any of the RTCWEB WG documents.

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:10:55 +0100

> can't seem to find the text in any of the RTCWEB WG documents.
​Is the formulation "any error that makes it impossible to attribute an RTP
packet to a MediaStream track" a problem? (That is, if the rules are to
always fire an error when that would result, is that a problem?)  Or are
you asking for a full enumeration?

Ted​

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>
>

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:29:48 -0800

There is some text in draft-ietf-mmusic-bundle-negotiation Sections 9 and
10 that provides general guidelines. However, the most specific guidance is
found in draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan Section 3.2, but does not appear
to be duplicated in any WG work item. So I'm wondering if that (now
expired) draft is what implementers should use or whether there is
something more current/authoritative out there.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I remember us discussing the rules for when such an error would occur,
>> but can't seem to find the text in any of the RTCWEB WG documents.
>>
>>
> ​Is the formulation "any error that makes it impossible to attribute an
> RTP packet to a MediaStream track" a problem? (That is, if the rules are to