Subject: [rtcweb] Homework for Dallas: SetLocal/SetRemote

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:16:16 -0700

Folks,

The new JSEP draft contains new extensive text on processing
Local and Remote descriptions when set, starting at:

http://rtcweb-wg.github.io/jsep/#rfc.section.5.4

It would be really good if people could read these sections before
Dallas. The editors intend to proceed in the direction indicated here
unless people express unhappiness soon.

-Ekr

---

From: Roman Shpount <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:45:24 -0400

One quick thing: per RFC 5245 (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5245#section-15.3) "ice-lite" is a session
level attribute only.

Why is it a media level attribute in section 5.6.2 (
http://rtcweb-wg.github.io/jsep/#rfc.section.5.6.2)? Have this been
redefined somewhere?

On the separate note, I do think ice-lite should be a media level
attribute, and can provide use cases for that, if necessary, but this is
against the current ICE specification and as far as I know was not changed.

_____________
Roman Shpount

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>
>