Subject: [rtcweb] Comment on transport draft

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:45:15 -0400

The draft asks 

 (Question: Does there need
  to be an API knob to turn off DSCP markings?)

I think that effectively there is - if the API requests them all as "normal",  (aka low in latest qos draft), they all get set to DF which is the same as what would happen if this were "turned off"

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 15:00:49 -0500

On 2015-03-22 08:45, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> The draft asks 
> 
> (Question: Does there need to be an API knob to turn off DSCP
> markings?)
> 
> I think that effectively there is - if the API requests them all as
"normal", (aka low in latest qos draft), they all get set to DF which is
the same as what would happen if this were "turned off"

I interpreted the question here as being able to not set the DSCP bits,
but still have local endpoint priority scheduling.

See the discussion in my comments on the transport documents.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------