Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:47:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : WebRTC Forward Error Correction Requirements
        Author          : Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-03-08

Abstract:
   This document provides information and requirements for how Forward
   Error Correction (FEC) should be used by WebRTC applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 16:36:01 -0700

This version incorporates the feedback from Honolulu, as well as several
comments from the list.

The Honolulu feedback suggested removing support for redundant audio with
codecs like PCMU, but I did get a request for this on the list, so I left
it in.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 17:36:36 -0700

[fixing cc list]

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:20:22 +1100

Was the suggestion to change the Title to "WebRTC *Media* Forward Error
Correction Requirements" - because there is no mention of Data Channel FEC
in this draft - accepted?

If not, why not?

Barry Dingle
= = =

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 22:46:27 -0700

Based on the discussion on the list, I elected to include a section on
Application FEC:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-01#section-6

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Barry Dingle <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> The Honolulu feedback suggested removing support for redundant audio
>>> with codecs like PCMU, but I did get a request for this on the list, so I
>>> left it in.
>>>

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:43:38 +1100

Thanks Justin.

Barry Dingle

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Justin Uberti <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>> This version incorporates the feedback from Honolulu, as well as
>>>> several comments from the list.
>>>>