Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness-11.txt> (STUN Usage for Consent Freshness) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 06:35:51 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'STUN Usage for Consent Freshness'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   To prevent sending excessive traffic to an endpoint, periodic consent
   needs to be obtained from that remote endpoint.

   This document describes a consent mechanism using a new Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) usage.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.