Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-23.txt> (Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 05:33:25 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC): Media Transport and Use of RTP'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-23.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Web Real-Time Communication (WebRTC) framework provides support
   for direct interactive rich communication using audio, video, text,
   collaboration, games, etc.  between two peers' web-browsers.  This
   memo describes the media transport aspects of the WebRTC framework.
   It specifies how the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in
   the WebRTC context, and gives requirements for which RTP features,
   profiles, and extensions need to be supported.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.