Subject: [rtcweb] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:09:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Javascript Session Establishment Protocol
        Authors         : Justin Uberti
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-11.txt
	Pages           : 75
	Date            : 2015-07-05

Abstract:
   This document describes the mechanisms for allowing a Javascript
   application to control the signaling plane of a multimedia session
   via the interface specified in the W3C RTCPeerConnection API, and
   discusses how this relates to existing signaling protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Barry Dingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:33:06 +1000

In JSEP 5.1.1 Implementation Requirements, the second requirement states:

   R-2   [RFC5764 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5764>] MUST be
supported for signaling the UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF
         [RFC5764 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5764>] and TCP/DTLS/RTP/SAVPF
         [I-D.nandakumar-mmusic-proto-iana-registration
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-jsep-11#ref-I-D.nandakumar-mmusic-proto-iana-registration>]
RTP profiles.

The second [RFC5764] appears to an editorial error.

However, I am not sure that the remaining text makes sense as RFC2764
appears to relate to UDP stacks only and appears to explicitly exclude
TCP stacks (see its Section 8.)

Do we need two requirements - one for UDP stacks and another for TCP stacks?

/Barry Dingle

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 10:09 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>