Subject: [rtcweb] Interim discussion?

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:43:02 -0700

The chairs have discussed how to make progress between now and Yokohama,
and it seems like another focused 2-3 hour meeting would be useful.  That
might be a completely virtual interim or one associated with the WebRTC
interim, but with a remote participation component.

If you have thoughts on that, please share them between now and August 7th,
2015.

thanks,

Ted, Cullen, Sean

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:53:43 -0700

Making it a part of the W3C interim sounds like a good idea to me.  We've
done both IETF and W3C at interims in the past, and they have been
productive (perhaps more productive than the non-interim meetings).

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Ted Hardie <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you have thoughts on that, please share them between now and August
> 7th, 2015.
>
> thanks,
>
> Ted, Cullen, Sean
>
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>
>

---

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:05:20 -0700

+1

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:00:16 -0700

Peter said:

"Making it a part of the W3C interim sounds like a good idea to me.  We've
done both IETF and W3C at interims in the past, and they have been
productive (perhaps more productive than the non-interim meetings)."

[BA] That could be made to work, though to piggyback on the WEBRTC WG
interim in September, it would be necessary to quickly understand the
schedule/attendance impact on the existing plans (e.g. impact on the
estimated attendance, whether the existing dates would stay the same or
would need extending, etc.).

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 13:23:20 -0700

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
wrote

> would need extending, etc.).
​One option here would be to make it a virtual interim within the usual
terms (conference-based call), but understand that lots of attendees might
happen to be in the same place.  That would be particularly useful if we
could do the virtual one at some mid-point of the W3C f2f interim, since we
seem to run into issue passing a fair amount during these meetings.  We
could add a physical interim on one side or the other (maybe nearby, if
Microsoft could no host both), but it is close timing to do so.

Ted​