Subject: [rtcweb] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 17:48:46 -0500

FYI - a minor update of the draft with the implementation status.  Anyone
interested in working on an open source ZRTP in JavaScript library, contact
me off list or in Prague.

- Alan -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 1:44 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt
To: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>, Travis Cross <
[email-masked]>, John Yoakum <[email-masked]>, Philip Zimmermann <
[email-masked]>, Jon Callas <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp
Revision:       02
Title:          Using ZRTP to Secure WebRTC
Document date:  2015-07-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-johnston-rtcweb-zrtp-02

Abstract:
   WebRTC, Web Real-Time Communications, is a set of protocols and APIs
   used to enable web developers to add real-time communications into
   their web pages and applications with a few lines of JavaScript.
   WebRTC media flows are encrypted and authenticated by SRTP, the
   Secure Real-time Transport Protocol while the key agreement is
   provided by DTLS-SRTP, Datagram Transport Layer Security for Secure
   Real-time Transport Protocol.  However, without some third party
   identity service or certificate authority, WebRTC media flows have no
   protection against a man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack.  ZRTP, Media
   Path Key Agreement for Unicast Secure RTP, RFC 6189, does provide
   protection against MitM attackers using key continuity augmented with
   a Short Authentication String (SAS).  This specification describes
   how ZRTP can be used over the WebRTC data channel to provide MitM
   protection for WebRTC media flows keyed using DTLS-SRTP.  This
   provides users protection against MitM attackers without requiring
   browsers to support ZRTP or users to download a plugin or extension
   to implement ZRTP.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat