Subject: [rtcweb] Fwd: New WebRTC WG charter officially approved

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:24:08 +0200

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vivien Lacourba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM
Subject: New WebRTC WG charter officially approved
To: WebRTC WG <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

Great news, the new W3C WebRTC Working Group charter [1] has been
officially approved by the W3C Director [2].

The revised charter adds a deliverable for the next version of WebRTC,
has an updated list of deliverables based on the work started under the
previous charter, clarifies its decision policy, and extends the group
until March 2018.

The charter of this Working Group includes a new deliverable that
require W3C Patent Policy licensing commitments from all Participants.

Consequently, all Participants must join or re-join the group, which
involves agreeing to participate under the terms of the revised charter
and the W3C Patent Policy. Current Participants may continue to attend
meetings (teleconferences and face-to-face meetings) for 45 days after
this announcement, even if they have not yet re-joined the group. After
45 days (ie. September 10, 2015), ongoing participation (including
meeting attendance and voting) is only permitted for those who have
re-joined the group.

Use this form to (re)join:
   https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/47318/join

Instructions to join the group are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/47318/instructions

Thanks,
Vivien on behalf of the WebRTC WG Chairs and Staff contacts

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/07/webrtc-charter.html
[2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2015JulSep/0024.html

--
Vivien Lacourba                      World Wide Web Consortium
[email-masked]                        http://www.w3.org
http://www.w3.org/People/Vivien      Tel: +33.4.92.38.78.89

-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila