Subject: [rtcweb] RFC 7675 on Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Usage for Consent Freshness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7675

        Title:      Session Traversal Utilities for NAT 
                    (STUN) Usage for Consent Freshness 
        Author:     M. Perumal, D. Wing,
                    R. Ravindranath, T. Reddy, M. Thomson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22346
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtcweb-stun-consent-freshness-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7675

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7675

To prevent WebRTC applications, such as browsers, from launching
attacks by sending traffic to unwilling victims, periodic consent to
send needs to be obtained from remote endpoints.

This document describes a consent mechanism using a new Session
Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) usage.

This document is a product of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC