Subject: [rtcweb] special webrtc meet up during IETF

From: Alexandre GOUAILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:37:27 +0800

Dear all,

NTT and a few other Japanese companies (infocomm, ..) have been the
sponsors of a growing and fascinatingly creative webRTC dev community in
Japan.

This year in February, their 2 days webrtc-Japan
<http://webrtcconference.jp/2015/> conference was a great success and a
place to witness not only the solutions from the big companies, but also
the demos and lighting talks from many local hackers (ever herd of the
tchin~~ machine?). The next one <http://webrtcconference.jp> will be in Feb
2016 and the speaker/sponsor list is still open ;-)

However, the great work of the Japanese dev community is usually less
visible form the US, mainly because of a language barrier. The conferences
and experts of the webrtc also rarely happen to be in Japan all together.

To take the opportunity of having both W3C and IETF in Japan this fall, not
one but two meet ups have been organized:
- a w3c dev meetup in sapporo (here
<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Hosts/Keio/meetup-sapporo>)
- a Tokyo webrtc meet up close to the IETF meeting location (here
<https://44145dc9ce5b767cd2eb8b7683.doorkeeper.jp/events/33154>)

The tokyo meet up organizers will start with an intro of the tokyo webrtc
dev scene, and most of the following talks are made either by japanese, or
by companies that just joined w3c/ietf and will provide feedback about
their use for the first time. That should be interesting for everyone,

A map to guide you from the IETF location to the meeting is provided (map
<https://www.google.com/maps/dir/〒220-0012+神奈川県横浜市西区みなとみらい１−１−１+パシフィコ横浜/横浜アイマークプレイス,+日本,+〒220-0012+神奈川県横浜市+西区みなとみらい４丁目４−５/@35.4600233,139.6273175,16z/data=!3m2!4b1!5s0x60185c5b05e5bfd1:0x486cece4d33ced29!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x60185c44b19d6655:0xd51374e613662064!2m2!1d139.6352453!2d35.4599491!1m5!1m1!1s0x60185c69ea4962fb:0x5942a74581cde58!2m2!1d139.6281604!2d35.4600727!3e2>),
and the Japanese sessions will be translated in english.

I hope to have made you curious/excited/interested enough to see you all at
he meet up. Do not hesitate to forward that e-mail to other groups's
members that could be interested in joining.

Alex, for yoshimasa isake, and yusuke naka, organizers.

-- 
Alex. Gouaillard, PhD, PhD, MBA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
President - CoSMo Software Consulting, Singapore
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sg.linkedin.com/agouaillard

   -