Subject: [rtcweb] Default mux policy

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:58:08 +0900

https://github.com/rtcweb-wg/jsep/pull/183

JSEP doesn't currently specify a default policy for rtcp-mux. We need one.
Given people's general sentiments towards non-mux, we should make the
default be "require".

-Ekr

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:11:50 +0900

> Given people's general sentiments towards non-mux, we should make the

I note that the API doesn't expose this control.

We might want to confirm, via discussion, whether we want to make
rtcpmux "MUST use".  My sense is that this is only really feasible in
the context of bundle, as mmusic just decided.

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:18:26 -0800

Oh, whoops.  It looks like I never made a PR for the WebRTC API even though
we had consensus for it.  I'll make a W3C PR right away for it.  We already
implemented it in Chrome :).

Whether we allow "negotiated" at all or force "require" is a separate
discussion from what the default should be.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:19:26 +0900

> I note that the API doesn't expose this control.

It would need to, in the same way that it exposes bundle.

> the context of bundle, as mmusic just decided.

I await the chairs guidance on this topic.

-Ekr

---

From: Peter Thatcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 20:41:41 -0800

FYI, I have an API PR: https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/371