Subject: [rtcweb] draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan status

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:11:26 +0100

Hi,

What is the status of draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan? There have been
no new draft versions since the first one written in 2013. Is
draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan-00 up-to-date?

Firefox already implements it (I will check soon whether it conforms
to the spec in draft-roach-mmusic-unified-plan-00 or not), and Chrome
is supposed to implement it in Q1 2016.

So, shouldn't the draft get more love? I just cannot expect that it
does not need changes after ~3 years...

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:30:03 +0100

> does not need changes after ~3 years...

For example, the draft shows:

  a=ssrc:53280

This is, a "a=ssrc" SDP line with no attribute or attribute:value,
which IMHO is incorrect according to RFC 5576 in which it is stated
that:

   Each "ssrc" media attribute specifies a single source-level attribute
   for the given <ssrc-id>.  For each source mentioned in SDP, the
   source-level attribute "cname", defined in Section 6.1, MUST be
   provided.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5576#section-4.1

--------------------------
4.1.  The "ssrc" Media Attribute

   a=ssrc:<ssrc-id> <attribute>
   a=ssrc:<ssrc-id> <attribute>:<value>
--------------------------

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 11:22:39 -0600

Unified plan was never intended to be an implementation spec. It (along 
with the plan-a and plan-b documents) described an approach for the 
purpose of having a working group discussion on the topic. It was purely 
an internal working group document. It served its purpose, and is finished.

The actual implementation details associated with the approach it 
describes appear in the various SDP-related documents produced by RTCWEB 
and MMUSIC, such as the JSEP and simulcast documents.

/a