Subject: [rtcweb] Last Call: <draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop-05.txt> (Additional WebRTC audio codecs for interoperability.) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 13:32:03 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Real-Time Communication in
WEB-browsers WG (rtcweb) to consider the following document:
- 'Additional WebRTC audio codecs for interoperability.'
  <draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop-05.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   To ensure a baseline level of interoperability between WebRTC
   endpoints, a minimum set of required codecs is specified.  However,
   to maximize the possibility to establish the session without the need
   for audio transcoding, it is also recommended to include in the offer
   other suitable audio codecs that are available to the browser.

   This document provides some guidelines on the suitable codecs to be
   considered for WebRTC endpoints to address the most relevant
   interoperability use cases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-audio-codecs-for-interop/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.