Subject: [rtcweb] AD Review: draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-07

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 17:40:42 -0600

I have completed my AD review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-07, and found 
only very minor editorial nits, which should be treated as normal last 
call comments.

Due to this document's close relationship with 
draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme, I plan to wait until both 
documents are ready to progress before placing draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec 
into IETF Last Call.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this document over its lifetime.

Nits follow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
§2

Since this document uses "should" in non-normative sentences, please use the
RFC 8174 boilerplate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
§3.3

    Some audio codecs, notably Opus [RFC6716] and AMR [RFC4867] support

Insert comma before "support"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
§4.1

    against individual losses, with minimal overhead.  Note that as
    indicated above the built-in Opus FEC only provides single-frame

Insert commas before and after the phrase "as indicated above"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
§7

    Implementations MAY support additional FEC mechanisms if desired,
    e.g.  [RFC5109].

- Change the comma after "desired" to a semicolon.
- Insert a comma after "e.g."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

/a

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 08:52:20 -0800

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Adam Roach <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have completed my AD review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec-07, and found only
> very minor editorial nits, which should be treated as normal last call
> comments.
>

Thanks for the review, and agree with the comments, with one exception.
Should I publish a new version of the document with corrections, or wait
for the document to progress further?

> documents are ready to progress before placing draft-ietf-rtcweb-fec into
> IETF Last Call.
>

I think a comma is appropriate here; this is also consistent with how e.g.
is used elsewhere in the document.

> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:50:47 -0800

Just published -08 which addresses all comments other than the one I
previously noted.